Re: Expansion of Muni Potrero Yard
Author: synonymouse
Date: 12-05-2018 - 19:40

If some drivers stayed there, that would definitely be live-work.

Potrero was originally a carhouse, which reminds me that ca. 1973 Jack Woods entertained suggestions as to how to deal with moving the streetcars during the construction of the Outer Market subway. One suggestion that came up, and I thought had merit, was to reopen Potrero for some streetcars. IIRC the problem cited was lack of room for any more transit vehicles. Another suggestion which came up was relaying 20th Avenue from Judah to Taraval - the residents there had a hissy fit as they recalled their houses shaking when the #16 ran there. Same unhappiness with the proposal to build a similar connection on Sunset.

Woods suggested as I recall building a carhouse at the beach, operationally interesting but with corrosive effect of that saltair, I dunno. Of course all those ideas never went anywhere and a bypass was tracked in 17th St. Is it still there?

But I still think tapping into the current Market St. car line from 11th St. deserves thought.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Expansion of Muni Potrero Yard synonymouse 12-05-2018 - 10:21
  Re: Expansion of Muni Potrero Yard Sumotuwe 12-05-2018 - 17:01
  Re: Expansion of Muni Potrero Yard synonymouse 12-05-2018 - 19:40
  Re: Expansion of Muni Potrero Yard Anthony G. 12-05-2018 - 20:25
  Re: Expansion of Muni Potrero Yard synonymouse 12-05-2018 - 22:48

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com