Re: CSCD- Cascade and Columbia River
Author: L.A.Scrafford
Date: 12-20-2018 - 12:56

Quite a bit of the line is slow ordered especially north of Omak. I followed them in September from just south of Cordell on a Thursday. Canadian lumber is trucked to Oroville and loaded there. They had picked up 20+ cars of lumber at Oroville and headed south to Ellsforde where they picked up an empty propane tanker. They picked up another empty propane tanker in Tonasket. Nothing was ready at Janis so no stop. They picked up a couple more empties in Omak and stopped at Okanagan for an empty feed hopper. They tied up at Okanogan for the night on Thursday. In the past they would have left from the Omak yard where their operations are centered on Friday.

Friday morning they left Okanogan around 8 am. Not as many slow orders south of Okanagon so it took us awhile to catch up as we stopped for a late breakfast. Their only stop on Friday was to pick up 4 loaded grain cars at Brewster. I shot them as far as Pateros on Friday but had to be in Wenatchee in the early afternoon so drove down 97 rather than Alt 97. They were still hauling Calcium Carbonate in late September but no on the day I followed them. They assembled their train for the return to Omak on Monday and it contained 10 empty calcium carbonate cars. I was over there in May and it was the same situation. I never got above Winesap that day.

LAS

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  CSCD- Cascade and Columbia River Shane 12-19-2018 - 15:54
  Re: CSCD- Cascade and Columbia River Saugus server 12-19-2018 - 18:20
  Re: CSCD- Cascade and Columbia River shane 12-19-2018 - 19:58
  Re: CSCD- Cascade and Columbia River BN Oly 12-19-2018 - 20:49
  Re: CSCD- Cascade and Columbia River Ross Hall 12-19-2018 - 23:45
  Re: CSCD- Cascade and Columbia River Saugus server 12-20-2018 - 09:05
  Re: CSCD- Cascade and Columbia River J.K. Trowling 12-20-2018 - 11:34
  Re: CSCD- Cascade and Columbia River Brian Westgate 12-20-2018 - 16:26
  Re: CSCD- Cascade and Columbia River Retired 12-23-2018 - 08:13
  Re: CSCD- Cascade and Columbia River L.A.Scrafford 12-20-2018 - 12:56
  Re: CSCD- Cascade and Columbia River Lauren Scrafford 12-20-2018 - 13:06

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com