UP-CP Rose Parade Float-Where were you May 10, 1969?
Author: BOB2
Date: 12-28-2018 - 07:44

Has it really been 50 years?

The Rose Parade will be honoring the 150th anniversary of the Golden Spike.....

Rose Parade Golden Spike Float Video-

The morning of May 10, 1969, I was waking up in the back of Jim Christiansen's camper in the parking lot of a Salt Lake motel, recovering from my first experience with Jim Beam. Later that morning, I watched four Utah State Troopers pour John Wayne on the stage at Prom, and knew exactly how he felt.....

I got too see Lucius Beebe's private car, I got to ride behind 844 at a hundred miles an hour, I got to ride the City up and back from LA, with all of the 100th anniversary swizzle sticks, napkins, etc... Still have one of those. Stan was there (my first RR employer loading wood, and laying track in Alta Loma for Rogue River No. 1). CQP was there, long before Amtrak and BNSF. Those UP DD-40's seemed so "new" back then...., And, we got to see turbines operating out of Ogden. Where we ever that young?

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  UP-CP Rose Parade Float-Where were you May 10, 1969? BOB2 12-28-2018 - 07:44
  Re: UP-CP Rose Parade Float-Where were you May 10, 1969? Mike Stimpson 12-28-2018 - 09:46
  Re: UP-CP Rose Parade Float-Where were you May 10, 1969? WebDigger 12-28-2018 - 10:13

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com