Re: remembering SP nuclear shipments-They only let me handle bombs and missiles...
Author: BOB2
Date: 01-08-2019 - 14:35

No nukes that I ever saw on the LA Division, though that doesn't mean there weren't, just not enough I ever saw any. But, I've handled lots of bombs (before and after Roseville) and even a few missiles (do not hump!).

Before Roseville, the bombs were handled in those very obvious placarded DODX piece of crap 1943 cars wit wood floor, with friction bearing trucks, and with what appeared to be no real visible attempts at any kind of security.

After, in brand new all steel roller bearing boxcars, which had a lot more folks keeping an eye on them, and these were not as easy to identify as "bomb cars", as the DODX pieces of junk had been.

The few times that I handled what I believe were Titan missiles, they always came with an extra caboose and/or two (usually UP cabooses IIRC?) next to the missile car, in the train and/or cut, with lots of Air Police on-board, with real M-16's and side arms.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  remembering SP nuclear shipments ron 01-08-2019 - 11:25
  Re: remembering SP nuclear shipments WAF 01-08-2019 - 12:34
  Re: remembering SP nuclear shipments-They only let me handle bombs and missiles... BOB2 01-08-2019 - 14:35
  Re: remembering SP nuclear shipments-They only let me handle bombs and missiles... Bill Maltby 01-08-2019 - 15:12
  Re: remembering SP nuclear shipments-They only let me handle bombs and missiles... Nudge 01-08-2019 - 17:11
  Re: remembering SP nuclear shipments-They only let me handle bombs and missiles... Dr Zakroff 01-08-2019 - 18:27
  Re: remembering SP nuclear shipments-They only let me handle bombs and missiles... Carol L Voss 01-08-2019 - 19:34
  Re: remembering SP nuclear shipments-They only let me handle bombs and missiles... Pdxrailtransit 01-11-2019 - 20:48
  Re: remembering SP nuclear shipments Nudge 01-08-2019 - 17:06

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com