remembering SP nuclear shipments
Author: ron
Date: 01-08-2019 - 11:25

In the early 1970's an eastbound train about seventy cars long (Eureka bound) rolled into Schellville yard and waited for the NWP crew to arrive . I walked along side the unattended train and saw a cone shaped vessel on a flatcar with hazardous nuclear placards on it . It had three idler flatcars on each end of it and warnings posted to stay back three cars. I assumed it was a nuclear fuel shipment going to the PG&E nuclear plant in Humboldt bay. Looking back the scene seemed so unbelievably casual. What do SP train crews remember about nuclear shipments. Where their special placements of cars? Special handling? Speed restrictions? RR police? Where any local agencies notified? It's almost as though if no one knew no one cared.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  remembering SP nuclear shipments ron 01-08-2019 - 11:25
  Re: remembering SP nuclear shipments WAF 01-08-2019 - 12:34
  Re: remembering SP nuclear shipments-They only let me handle bombs and missiles... BOB2 01-08-2019 - 14:35
  Re: remembering SP nuclear shipments-They only let me handle bombs and missiles... Bill Maltby 01-08-2019 - 15:12
  Re: remembering SP nuclear shipments-They only let me handle bombs and missiles... Nudge 01-08-2019 - 17:11
  Re: remembering SP nuclear shipments-They only let me handle bombs and missiles... Dr Zakroff 01-08-2019 - 18:27
  Re: remembering SP nuclear shipments-They only let me handle bombs and missiles... Carol L Voss 01-08-2019 - 19:34
  Re: remembering SP nuclear shipments-They only let me handle bombs and missiles... Pdxrailtransit 01-11-2019 - 20:48
  Re: remembering SP nuclear shipments Nudge 01-08-2019 - 17:06

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com