Re: Link Union Station-cost components broken down.
Author: BOB2
Date: 02-20-2019 - 17:26

This environmental work was commissioned based upon the ultimate "build out", including the now cancelled "runaway money train" CHSRA components.

The $950 million mentioned in the article is funding from the HSR bonds eligible as an LA-Anaheim project, and will complete the Phase I run-through tracks 6-8 tracks and (IIRC) the lower LA River bridge to the UP side, which will allow Riverside line trains to enter LAUPT from the new "bottom" entrance.

The other "two-to-four tracks of the "10' mentioned run through tracks would be fore the cost is no object "runaway money train" and will be added, when, and if, that project finally reaches LA. This need to rebuild the leads for the "runaway money train" that was mentioned in the article also goes bye-bye, so some of that $2.5 billion for a "second" run-through and "rebuilt leads" can now be taken out of that total.

A second concourse is needed and was first identified as needed back in the mid 1990's. I remember when we went on strike in 1971, and I was on picket duty at LAUPT, and you could shoot a cannon down the tunnel and not hit a sole. Today, as mentioned there are 100,000 folks in and out every day (about twice the WWII volumes). I suspect that the cost break out of this concourse and retail component, would seem small compared to the cost of a second level, rebuilt leads, and second "duplicate" run-through for the now defunct "runaway money train", Which I would put at, at least, another $800+, of this $2.5 billion dollar total in the story.

Meanwhile, we will be able to save and average of ten minutes per movements, into and out of LAJUT and double services on LOSSAN and Metrolink, with direct "end-to-end" through services, from affordable housing provided by those "evil" developers, in "evil" Palmdale, to actual jobs in places like Fullerton, without the need to transfer or change trains.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Link Union Station Commenter 02-20-2019 - 10:35
  Re: Link Union Station Bureau of Waste & Hubris auditor 02-20-2019 - 11:53
  Re: Link Union Station wandering wonderer 02-20-2019 - 12:11
  Re: Link Union Station Ernest H. Robl 02-20-2019 - 12:47
  Re: Link Union Station-cost components broken down. BOB2 02-20-2019 - 17:26
  Re: Link Union Station-cost components broken down. Commenter 02-20-2019 - 18:58

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com