Re: New CAHSR idea
Author: david vartanoff
Date: 03-14-2019 - 13:42

True dat. The pols distribute patronage, any actuallyuseful transit project is of secondary.
My point was and is that while I consider BART's designs to have been very bad, it is what we have. As such, very much like the IRT/PATH tiny tunnels in NYC, we will need to extend the mistakes because we have the installed base.
In a previous thread, I said we should run the new BART transbay tube out Geary--mostly because Muni has refused for decades to properly serve their largest single route. I further believe BART should build a subway link from their Daly City station to intersect and cross the Geary route and head for the GG Bridge.

Where to transition from wide to standard (SMART) remains a question, but theneed for travel options on dedicated ROW will only growas long as the Bay Area remains a magnet for the "Creative Class" (see the book by Richard Florida for further detail) I won't live to see these improvements in full, but I hope it gets built because I believe it will be very useful.

The bottom line, as with housing, is we need massive new construction, we need it ASAP, and there IS money to do it--merely in the wrong bank accounts.

And it would really be nice to reduce the "corruption tax" on all of these projects.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  New CAHSR idea Broad Gauge Lover 03-13-2019 - 12:01
  Re: New CAHSR idea synonymouse 03-13-2019 - 12:05
  Re: New CAHSR idea david vartanoff 03-13-2019 - 13:08
  Re: New CAHSR idea Coastline Bill 03-13-2019 - 17:16
  Re: New CAHSR idea Usually, it is about length issues....? BOB2 03-14-2019 - 02:25
  Re: New CAHSR idea david vartanoff 03-14-2019 - 09:46
  Re: New CAHSR idea redundancy 03-14-2019 - 10:12
  Re: New CAHSR idea david vartanoff 03-14-2019 - 13:42
  Re: New CAHSR idea synonymouse 03-14-2019 - 16:18

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com