Spike150 Events
Author: crmeatball
Date: 03-13-2019 - 15:40

Does anyone have information about what will be going on at Promontory Summit for the Sesquicentennial Celebration Festival? I am not referring to the arrival and display of the UP 844 or 4014, but the events happening at the Golden Spike National Monument. I am wondering if it will be something my children would enjoy or not. The only information I have been able to find is this and doesnt really say much (from spike150.org):
Schedule for May 10, 2019
8:00 AM – Golden Spike National Historic Site Opens to the Public
8:15 AM – Jupiter and #119 Replica Steam Engines Arrive
11:00 AM – 1:30 PM – Sesquicentennial Celebration Ceremony, Keynote Address & As One Performance
1:30 – 7:00 PM Spike 150 Festival: Music, Performances, Storytelling, Historical Reenactments, Train Demonstrations, Frontier Village, Innovation Summit, Reenactments, and Steam Train Demonstrations

Schedule for May 11 & 12, 2019
Spike 150 Celebration Festival: Music, Performances, Storytelling, Historical Reenactments, Train Demonstrations, Frontier Village, Innovation Summit, Reenactments, and Steam Train Demonstrations

To be honest, I am not really up for listening to politicians speak for 2 1/2 hours and they really don'y specify what they mean by "Historical Reenactments" or what is in the "Frontier Village". So if someone has more information so I can decide if its worth the drive out to Promontory and brave the crowds, I would appreciate it. If all it is a music festival around trains, I think I'd rather take the family out there on a different weekend and see the reenactments of the Golden Spike without all the extra hullabaloo. Frankly, the entire Spike150 Celebration seems like it is very poorly organized and really just a hodge-podge of artsy events (which I cannot for the life of me figure out what they have to do with trains). Thanks for any help.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Spike150 Events crmeatball 03-13-2019 - 15:40
  Re: Spike150 Events A very envious Easterner 03-13-2019 - 19:00

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com