Re: PSR and Steam: Twilight Situation?
Author: Federal Reserve Chairman
Date: 03-17-2019 - 12:53

If the stock market goes into a steep decline (some say we are on the cusp) it may lead to an economic recession. A major stock market drop does not always lead to a recession, but I can as it did in 2008. Unemployment is extremely low now, which means the only direction it can go is up!

If we do go into recession, railroads will start furloughing again. To me, that seems to be the most likely scenario where the steam program gets 'put on hold'. I don't think UP would "cancel" the program, but more likely just freeze it, lay off the staff, and cut the budget to the minimum to keep the lights on at the roundhouse.

As Synonymouse pointed out, a merger could also happen. Say with Norfolk Southern? A merger could lead to a major culture change at UP which could also impact the heritage program. When UP bought Missouri Pacific, I heard things changed a lot at UP. Could happen again.

Just appreciate every steam trip and have the attitude that it could be the last.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  PSR and Steam: Twilight Situation? Jam On Eh 03-16-2019 - 10:39
  Re: PSR and Steam: Twilight Situation? synonymouse 03-16-2019 - 10:58
  Re: PSR and Steam: Twilight Situation? FEF-3 03-16-2019 - 14:47
  Re: PSR and Steam: Twilight Situation? observer 03-16-2019 - 17:58
  Re: PSR and Steam: Twilight Situation? Jack S. 03-16-2019 - 18:48
  Re: PSR and Steam: Twilight Situation? Fast as the Hiawatha 03-16-2019 - 20:54
  Re: PSR and Steam: Twilight Situation? FEF3 03-17-2019 - 10:16
  Re: PSR and Steam: Twilight Situation? Federal Reserve Chairman 03-17-2019 - 12:53
  Re: PSR and Steam: Twilight Situation? WILL 03-24-2019 - 18:10

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com