Re: New head of SPUR and rail... all types Connect to the Valley.... Dumbarton/Altamont looks better and better....
Author: BOB2
Date: 03-22-2019 - 10:58

Repealing Prop. 13 is a common fantasy I've often encountered in my career. We've taken taxation and "value capture" for providing access and transportation improvements, which have historically significantly improved the value of that property, off of the table, from property taxes. And, whatever the delusions of the idealistic theorist's, it's DOA politically.

I would like to see value capture, to pay for the added costs, for serving these new high density TOD's, with the expensive taxpayer funded improvements, that the developers clearly benefit from.

We through that "baby out with the bath water", when we did away with the "steal from the schools" redevelopment agencies and there schemes, when we took that "trough" away from the local politicians.

As I said, she was providing plenty of filler and fodder to pander to some of the more delusional political elements in the Bay Area, with whom she must deal. Delusional thinking, possibly from the build up of excessive lead levels in the brain, isn't just affecting the loony fringe on the right....

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  New head of SPUR and rail... all types Commenter 03-21-2019 - 22:11
  Re: New head of SPUR and rail... all types Connect to the Valley.... Dumbarton/Altamont looks better and better.... BOB2 03-22-2019 - 03:35
  Re: New head of SPUR and rail... all types Connect to the Valley.... Dumbarton/Altamont looks better and better.... mvs 03-22-2019 - 10:21
  Re: New head of SPUR and rail... all types Connect to the Valley.... Dumbarton/Altamont looks better and better.... BOB2 03-22-2019 - 10:58
  Yeah yeah, through with threw, and there's no their there, either.... BOB2 03-22-2019 - 11:26
  Re: New head of SPUR and rail... all types Connect to the Valley.... Dumbarton/Altamont looks better and better.... observer 03-22-2019 - 11:30
  Re: New head of SPUR and rail... all types Greg Popovich 03-22-2019 - 09:37
  Re: New head of SPUR and rail... all types synonymouse 03-22-2019 - 10:11
  Re: New head of SPUR and rail... all types E9A 03-22-2019 - 11:39
  Re: New head of SPUR and rail... all types HUTCH 7.62 03-22-2019 - 10:25

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com