Re: I rely more on the math of the hypebola, than on the hyperbole, to get real answers...
Author: BOB2
Date: 03-26-2019 - 09:19

Mt Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It seems that Bob still makes sense and is not in
> either the "I Love Ed" or the "I Hate Ed Club".

Yep, I'm not really waiting on the man (or women, or I will get trolled)on a white horse to come and save us all, nor am I following a mindless lynch mob in pursuit of scapegoats to blame every time something goes wrong. My experience has taught me better.

When I was born, I heard somewhere, that the US was in the top ten countries for adult math and science literacy (actually that should be numeracy), and IIRC, in an article about a survey I read about, a couple of years ago, we are now 43rd. And, it shows.

So, I gave folks a simple short course in Econ 101, about how private property and capitalism work, using the UP as an example.

At least it was free, and they didn't even have to write a check to the community college.

You're right, I focus less on the personalities than on measuring outcomes, because I do tend to depend more on the math of the hyperbola to get real answers, and not so much on listening to the hyperbole...

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  What's going to happen when........ B6sa 03-24-2019 - 17:18
  Re: What's going to happen when...." you accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative.... BOB2 03-24-2019 - 18:12
  Re: What's going to happen when...." you accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative.... G. Poindexter 03-25-2019 - 15:35
  Re: What's it I don't get right about how private property and free market capitalism works...? BOB2 03-25-2019 - 17:39
  Re: What's it I don't get right about how private property and free market capitalism works...? Mt 03-25-2019 - 20:07
  Re: I rely more on the math of the hypebola, than on the hyperbole, to get real answers... BOB2 03-26-2019 - 09:19
  Re: What's going to happen when........ Fan of North Star railroads 03-24-2019 - 18:44
  Re: What's going to happen when........ ron 03-25-2019 - 08:57

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com