Re: You just do a search on variable gauge trains? And, dig through it, there's lots there.
Author: BOB2
Date: 03-25-2019 - 20:32

Did you mean to stir up the rodent with that one? It's not a drinking game is it? Like every time you get Mouse to respond to the words BART, or wide gauge, you have to take a drink...?

Variable gauge passenger equipment has been in use in common use for at least 60 years in "wide gauge" Spain. I've ridden a lot of then. Mostly these are Talgo sets of varying vintages. Locomotives, I've not seen. But, I've seen models of Standard gauge locomotive, with wide gauge trucks. What do you think those Rusky knock off's of lend lease Alco RS's were based on? Your favorites, US wartime Alco RS's, re-gauged for service in "Mother Russia?.

As to BART, I seem to recall that they had some kind of loco or loco like thing for maintenance, I seem to recall that I used to see it based somewhere in south Oakland(?). I doubt that BART's tunnels were built, or would have been required to be built, to FRA clearances, certainly not current maximum clearances. And, I don't know if they use that "loco" to work in the tunnels.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  How does one change the gauge on an MRS-1 to Bechtel gauge? HUTCH 7.62 03-25-2019 - 18:20
  Re: How does one change the gauge on an MRS-1 to Bechtel gauge? synonymouse 03-25-2019 - 18:59
  Re: You just do a search on variable gauge trains? And, dig through it, there's lots there. BOB2 03-25-2019 - 20:32
  Re: You just do a search on variable gauge trains? And, dig through it, there's lots there. HUTCH 7.62 03-25-2019 - 21:00
  Re: You just do a search on variable gauge trains? And, dig through it, there's lots there. SBN 03-27-2019 - 20:22
  Re: You just do a search on variable gauge trains? And, dig through it, there's lots there. Peter 03-26-2019 - 10:13
  Re: How does one change the gauge on an MRS-1 to Bechtel gauge? Berg 03-25-2019 - 20:25
  Re: How does one change the gauge on an MRS-1 to Bechtel gauge? H 03-25-2019 - 20:51
  Re: How does one change the gauge on an MRS-1 to Bechtel gauge? SP5103 03-25-2019 - 21:43

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com