Re: Perris connection followup, and my solution for weekend service....
Author: Joe Cullum
Date: 04-13-2019 - 17:59

Craig,

Exactly. The OERM ex California Southern would be a complete separate railroad into Perris Ward Kimball Depot, just like the Saugus line (Antelope Valley Line).

LA METRO owns the Saugus Line as far as Lancaster, a completely separate from the Palmdale Cuttoff, but connected via crossovers.

But what is required for OERM? Do both switches need to be lined and locked electrically? It would make sense to do so...

I would believe the switch on the OERM side would be controlled by OERM, but since it's on RCTC property, what is the best scenario here? Any type of derail on these areas sure doesn't make any sense to me since the track from Dowtown Perris to just south of Mapes Road is a "Mainline", not an "Industrial Spur"...

Craig Tambo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If a connection between OERM and Metrolink is
> installed for occasional use in delivering
> equipment to/from the museum, I would think only
> an electric-lock switch and a derail would be
> required, just like any industry spur. My
> understanding is that an OERM track running to the
> depot for their own passenger service would be
> completely separate from Metrolink.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Perris connection followup Joe Cullum 04-13-2019 - 16:06
  Re: Perris connection followup, and my solution for weekend service.... BOB2 04-13-2019 - 16:39
  Re: Perris connection followup, and my solution for weekend service.... Craig Tambo 04-13-2019 - 17:18
  Re: Perris connection followup, and my solution for weekend service.... Joe Cullum 04-13-2019 - 17:59
  Re: Perris connection followup, and my solution for weekend service.... Bill 04-13-2019 - 18:19
  Re: Perris connection followup, and my solution for weekend service.... Another Operation 04-13-2019 - 21:46
  Re: Perris connection followup, and my solution for weekend service.... john 04-14-2019 - 03:00
  Re: Perris connection followup, and my solution for weekend service.... Joe Cullum 04-13-2019 - 18:24

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com