Re: Perris connection followup, and my solution for weekend service....
Author: Another Operation
Date: 04-13-2019 - 21:46

This is not an insurmountable obstacle.

An example of how this would work in day to day operations is seen in the Tampa streetcar operation to Ybor City.

Streetcars operate daily across a CSX mainline from downtown Tampa to Ybor City and back. The crossing, on both the CSX and streetcar line, is protected by absolute signals and written rules.

I experienced an evening ride on the streetcar where the signal for the crossing would not clear, despite no occupancy by CSX in the block. The operator could not proceed across wiyhout the direct intervention of a streetcar supervisor on scene, who communicated with the CSX dispatcher by telephone and followed a specific set of written instructions in case of such an incident. All in all, the delay to cross the CSX took the better part of an hour.

I would imagine that the Museum and Metrolink would do likewise with absolute signals and written rules for this operation.

When all the parties involved can focus on the solution as needed, I firmly believe the connection will be installed and operations between the Perris Depot and the Museum will occur.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Perris connection followup Joe Cullum 04-13-2019 - 16:06
  Re: Perris connection followup, and my solution for weekend service.... BOB2 04-13-2019 - 16:39
  Re: Perris connection followup, and my solution for weekend service.... Craig Tambo 04-13-2019 - 17:18
  Re: Perris connection followup, and my solution for weekend service.... Joe Cullum 04-13-2019 - 17:59
  Re: Perris connection followup, and my solution for weekend service.... Bill 04-13-2019 - 18:19
  Re: Perris connection followup, and my solution for weekend service.... Another Operation 04-13-2019 - 21:46
  Re: Perris connection followup, and my solution for weekend service.... john 04-14-2019 - 03:00
  Re: Perris connection followup, and my solution for weekend service.... Joe Cullum 04-13-2019 - 18:24

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com