SANDAGnabbit proposes a transit utopia
Author: Escondido Frito Bandito
Date: 04-27-2019 - 09:01

They want to build 'transit lines' all over San Diego county and ditch promised road upgrades the voters approved and paid for 15 years ago. They claim transit will then move from a 1.5% to 10% market share. "Build it and they will ride."

The article has some details, but plenty of questions remain.

They recommends the tunnels for Amtrak and Coaster to bypass the Del Mar cliffs.

One new light rail line is shown, from Oceanside to the Mexican border while passing east of downtown. The rest are shown as 'proposed transit lines' along major freeways and roads. I would guess those will probably be bus rapid transit, but it isn't clear.

With a new light rail line south from Oceanside near I-5, and the existing Coaster, is the new line on I-5 from Orange County to downtown going to be a 3rd transit line (brt?) in the corridor? Or improvements to Coaster? More rerouting of the Coaster tracks from the ocean?

I look forward to more details in the next few weeks.

[www.sandiegouniontribune.com]

https://ca-times.brightspotcdn.com/dims4/default/8f5467a/2147483647/strip/true/crop/1476x2214+0+0/resize/840x1260!/quality/90/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fca-times.brightspotcdn.com%2Fc4%2F1e%2F69fa93f34f60ac3df253c849be1e%2Fsd-me-g-sandag-transportation-plan.jpg

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  SANDAGnabbit proposes a transit utopia Escondido Frito Bandito 04-27-2019 - 09:01
  Re: SANDAGnabbit proposes a transit utopia BOB2 04-27-2019 - 09:31
  Re: SANDAGnabbit proposes a transit utopia Peter 04-29-2019 - 10:20

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com