Re: Yosemite Valley Railroad Observation Update-Good News
Author: BOB2
Date: 05-08-2019 - 17:10

Some of the more vulnerable Travel Town collection getting covered was a huge improvement. But, TT has always had problems with what its focus is, or how it would plan for its future

It is much more difficult working with a public agency, in this case the City of LA, and the Department of Parks and Rec. And, the political game of "musical chairs" with term limits, caused former Councilman Tommy La Bonge, who had been very supportive and helpful, to move on. I've seen little interest or attention, like Tommy showed, out of the current Councilman. And, in LA, for better or worse, the Council is the tail that wags the dog...

I don't know if I'd let children on the Oahu cars for "birthday parties". From the condition I last saw them in (took GF's grand girls about 3 years ago), it would cause me worry about further damage, or the very real potential of injury to guests.

And, yeah this problem of exposure of old equipment to the elements is definitely a problem up at Laws.

Management personality issues, factionalism, lack of a clear museum "mission", and a lack of good financial planning, can make it difficult to impress potential donors, and is still a problem Although, we have many, groups, even small ones (SP 18, is a great example) who have done remarkable things, by staying focused on a clear mission.

Add that need for equipment sheds (along with fire protection) to the bucket list of things that you're going to "gift" to these organizattions, when you win the lotto....

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Yosemite Valley Railroad Observation Update Wes 05-07-2019 - 06:53
  Re: Yosemite Valley Railroad Observation Update-Good News BOB2 05-07-2019 - 11:16
  Re: Yosemite Valley Railroad Observation Update-Good News Wes 05-07-2019 - 12:01
  Re: Yosemite Valley Railroad Observation Update-Good News J Mann 05-07-2019 - 14:03
  Re: Yosemite Valley Railroad Observation Update-Good News Negin 05-07-2019 - 14:17
  Re: Yosemite Valley Railroad Observation Update-Good News Joe Magruder 05-07-2019 - 14:32
  Re: Yosemite Valley Railroad Observation Update-Good News Craig Tambo 05-07-2019 - 14:20
  Re: Yosemite Valley Railroad Observation Update-Good News Mac 05-07-2019 - 15:20
  Re: Yosemite Valley Railroad Observation Update-Good News J Mann 05-07-2019 - 15:43
  Re: Yosemite Valley Railroad Observation Update-Good News Bill 05-07-2019 - 16:23
  Re: Yosemite Valley Railroad Observation Update-Good News Mainlander 05-07-2019 - 16:30
  Re: Yosemite Valley Railroad Observation Update-Good News Alf Doten 05-07-2019 - 18:54
  Re: Yosemite Valley Railroad Observation Update-Good News RVJ refugee 05-08-2019 - 00:43
  Re: Yosemite Valley Railroad Observation Update-Good News phixer 05-08-2019 - 06:48
  Re: Yosemite Valley Railroad Observation Update-Good News Ken Middlebrook 05-08-2019 - 13:24
  Re: Yosemite Valley Railroad Observation Update-Good News Ken Middlebrook 05-08-2019 - 13:29
  Re: Yosemite Valley Railroad Observation Update-Good News BOB2 05-08-2019 - 17:10

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com