Re: Re:" all for the best'?-Random lines on a map are truly "A better system", right?
Author: BOB2
Date: 06-12-2019 - 07:56

"Wow, aren't we full of vitriol. I'm so sorry to see you have such a sad disposition here. Or are you just so heartbroken about your beloved Brightline line getting nixed that any alternative to it is to be considered a piece of s@**. poor poor bobby. if i had a virtual hankie I would send it.

I hate to say it but the likes of yourself do not deserve a drawing that requires more than 10 minutes of effort. Seeing how I'm not doing it for supposed "experts", but for mere armchair hacks like yourself, it is more than sufficient.

The whole point of the map is to illustrate an alternative set of routes for max ridership and one that will best integrate into the CAHSR system. Something other companies can bid on routes and make a more competitive system. Nothing more Bobby, so please lower your expectations and take your blood pressure pill.

Lucrative HSR rail lines:
San Diego to Las Vegas would be an ideal HSR city pair and money maker.
Fresno-Bakersfield to Las Vegas would be an ideal HSR city pair and money maker.
Riverside to Las Vegas would be an ideal HSR city pair and money maker (when added to existing SD-LV overhead).
Los Angeles to Las Vegas would be an ideal HSR city pair and money maker.

In comparison, Texas Central is planning to spend 18 billion on the construction of one line between Dallas and San Antonio. A money making ideal city pair. But keep in mind they are planning HSR electric trains and none of this slow speed diesel crap."

So Les, is Texas financed and under construction yet? Do you have that spare 18 billion that you are going to invest in Texas? It's a good use of sophistry Les, and I am very impressed.....

But, as I said, you presented a crayon set of childish maps, with no analysis of your suppose better ridership, or of the "costs" that you apparently want taxpayers to bear for your fantasy network...

So what is your travel time estimate, your capital cost, your ticket price, and your travel demand estimate for say San Diego to Las Vegas? How does that compare with today's air and highway travel demand and travel cost trade offs from San Diego to Las Vegas.... I ask because after reading you line of horse crap, I just assume you've done that. right?

Now I understand your angle, though.... I thought it was just clueless foaming and .

So, only the CAHSRA taxpayer boondoggle is a real "manly" high speed train, and not those inferior profitable privately financed rail passenger lines like that stupid Branson is interested in, is that it?

Are they still paying PR clowns to "spin" the eternal glory of the CAHSRA on Altamont? If they can afford clowns like to make half assed unsupported gainsay arguments like this on a railfan website, how about cutting a check for those farmers whose land that was condemned...?

If BS was chocolate ice cream, you'd make a fortune Les, just from selling ice cream cones....

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Virgin Trains' BFEgypt to Vegas proposal is delayed again BidetHitter 06-11-2019 - 08:15
  Re: Virgin Trains' BFEgypt to Vegas proposal is delayed again Not Toad Cluck 06-11-2019 - 09:22
  Re: Virgin Trains' BFEgypt to Vegas proposal is delayed again NormSchultze 06-11-2019 - 11:41
  Re: Virgin Trains' BFEgypt to Vegas proposal is delayed again les 06-11-2019 - 13:21
  Re: Virgin Trains' Vegas can't get these tax breaks granted to other public private benefit pronects why? BOB2 06-11-2019 - 14:41
  Re: Virgin Trains' Vegas can't get these tax breaks granted to other public private benefit pronects why? FUD 06-11-2019 - 21:59
  Re: Virgin Trains' Vegas can't get these tax breaks granted to other public private benefit pronects why? les 06-11-2019 - 23:59
  all for the best les 06-12-2019 - 00:10
  Re:" all for the best'?-Random lines on a map are truly "A better system", right? BOB2 06-12-2019 - 02:55
  Re: Re:" all for the best'?-Random lines on a map are truly "A better system", right? les 06-12-2019 - 06:24
  Re: Re:" all for the best'?-Random lines on a map are truly "A better system", right? BOB2 06-12-2019 - 07:56
  trying to read too much into it. les 06-12-2019 - 09:05
  Re: trying to read too much into it. synonymouse 06-12-2019 - 10:26
  Re: trying to read too much into it. les 06-12-2019 - 11:01
  Re:" all for the best'? George Jenista 06-15-2019 - 12:45
  Re: Re:" all for the best'? les 06-15-2019 - 12:56
  Re: all for the best les 06-12-2019 - 12:41
  Re: Virgin Trains' BFEgypt to Vegas proposal is delayed again More like Virgin wants in Europe not 06-12-2019 - 07:53

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com