trying to read too much into it.
Author: les
Date: 06-12-2019 - 09:05

> So Les, is Texas financed and under construction
> yet? Do you have that spare 18 billion that you
> are going to invest in Texas? It's a good use of
> sophistry Les, and I am very impressed.....
>
> But, as I said, you presented a crayon set of
> childish maps, with no analysis of your suppose
> better ridership, or of the "costs" that you
> apparently want taxpayers to bear for your fantasy
> network...
>
> So what is your travel time estimate, your capital
> cost, your ticket price, and your travel demand
> estimate for say San Diego to Las Vegas? How does
> that compare with today's air and highway travel
> demand and travel cost trade offs from San Diego
> to Las Vegas.... I ask because after reading you
> line of horse crap, I just assume you've done
> that. right?
>
> Now I understand your angle, though.... I thought
> it was just clueless foaming and .
>
> So, only the CAHSRA taxpayer boondoggle is a real
> "manly" high speed train, and not those inferior
> profitable privately financed rail passenger lines
> like that stupid Branson is interested in, is that
> it?
>
> Are they still paying PR clowns to "spin" the
> eternal glory of the CAHSRA on Altamont? If they
> can afford clowns like to make half assed
> unsupported gainsay arguments like this on a
> railfan website, how about cutting a check for
> those farmers whose land that was condemned...?
>
> If BS was chocolate ice cream, you'd make a
> fortune Les, just from selling ice cream
> cones....

Bobby, Bobby, Bobby you're such a futz.

> So Les, is Texas financed and under construction
> yet? Do you have that spare 18 billion that you
> are going to invest in Texas

Actually Texas Central has purchased most the property and I suspect someone like Softbank, same investor for Virgin Florida, will fund most the project. TC appears to be clearing all the legal and political hurdles and has hired its engineering staff. So I have no reason to think it won't transpire. But so what, TC is the type of system that research has shown to be profitable.

> or of the "costs" that you apparently want taxpayers to bear for your fantasy network...

Its taken France over 50 years to build out their system, I'm not expecting California to complete theirs in my life time. The CV put out bids in 2013 and won't be operational until 2028...quality transportation systems take time and are expensive, no doubt. Does Japan, France and every other modern country find HSR worth it? I would think so otherwise they would stop putting money into them and abandon them altogether.

> So what is your travel time estimate, your capital
> cost, your ticket price, and your travel....

Bobby I'm not on salary with CAHSR, so forgive me for lack of details. The map is simply that, a map; quit trying to read too much into it and incurring a melt down.
One can simply make assumptions based on other systems across the glove to figure if a system is profitable or not. Research has shown that systems with distances of 2-400 miles between city pairs are optimal and end points of 2 plus million is best. But these dynamics are always changing given the improved performance of systems and changing city densities.

> So, only the CAHSRA taxpayer boondoggle is a real "manly" high speed train,

Hey, regardless of the accident, I love my slow speed Amtrak Cascades system, no doubt. But, as Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos and the rest of the state of Washington have realized, the state needs cleaner, faster and more reliable transportation between Vancouver, BC, Seattle and Portland. Why keep monkeying around with a 1/2 baked system when it's possible to do better than what an auto or airplane can offer (when congestion, land for airport expansion, pollution, speed, access and etc are all considerations). Do what Branson believes is a smart framework not what Rick Scott thinks is. (See more like Virgin wants in Europe not...post)

> Are they still paying PR clowns to "spin" the eternal glory of the CAHSRA on Altamont?

I'm not sure what your referring to. As much as I would like the line to run through Altamont, Pacheco is still the route of choice.

> those farmers whose land that was condemned...?

Seeing how the CV is home to over 3 million, has some of the most polluted air in the nation and could use high speed travel, its not a bad choice. Societies have to make sacrifices all the time. Would you prefer doubling I-5 with all its health benefits and land casualties?

> If BS was chocolate ice cream, you'd make a fortune Les

I love ice cream, I would dig it!

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Virgin Trains' BFEgypt to Vegas proposal is delayed again BidetHitter 06-11-2019 - 08:15
  Re: Virgin Trains' BFEgypt to Vegas proposal is delayed again Not Toad Cluck 06-11-2019 - 09:22
  Re: Virgin Trains' BFEgypt to Vegas proposal is delayed again NormSchultze 06-11-2019 - 11:41
  Re: Virgin Trains' BFEgypt to Vegas proposal is delayed again les 06-11-2019 - 13:21
  Re: Virgin Trains' Vegas can't get these tax breaks granted to other public private benefit pronects why? BOB2 06-11-2019 - 14:41
  Re: Virgin Trains' Vegas can't get these tax breaks granted to other public private benefit pronects why? FUD 06-11-2019 - 21:59
  Re: Virgin Trains' Vegas can't get these tax breaks granted to other public private benefit pronects why? les 06-11-2019 - 23:59
  all for the best les 06-12-2019 - 00:10
  Re:" all for the best'?-Random lines on a map are truly "A better system", right? BOB2 06-12-2019 - 02:55
  Re: Re:" all for the best'?-Random lines on a map are truly "A better system", right? les 06-12-2019 - 06:24
  Re: Re:" all for the best'?-Random lines on a map are truly "A better system", right? BOB2 06-12-2019 - 07:56
  trying to read too much into it. les 06-12-2019 - 09:05
  Re: trying to read too much into it. synonymouse 06-12-2019 - 10:26
  Re: trying to read too much into it. les 06-12-2019 - 11:01
  Re:" all for the best'? George Jenista 06-15-2019 - 12:45
  Re: Re:" all for the best'? les 06-15-2019 - 12:56
  Re: all for the best les 06-12-2019 - 12:41
  Re: Virgin Trains' BFEgypt to Vegas proposal is delayed again More like Virgin wants in Europe not 06-12-2019 - 07:53

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com