Re: Can SMART serve both Atherton and Grant Ave.
Author: Bob the Train Guy
Date: 06-24-2019 - 11:49

How little the NWP uses the ROW and the fact that its used at night only with freight, SMART should have done light rail and designed the conditions to be like the Sprinter. They could have easily gotten a time-separated waiver from the FRA... I have also noticed that SMART is wasting $$$ by building Class 4 tracks when the DMUs are limited to slower speeds due to stations, turns, etc. I recently read an article that SMART could build to Windsor for substantially less cost, if they would just let up on building a golden plated railroad. I know most of the costs going to Windsor are PTC, but the article has a point that not every part of the track needs class 4 conditions.

In the end, SMART will never truly be profitable and will always be propped up. SMART's vision was to provide an option for people with lower income to be able to commute to the bay area for work. I see home prices in Cloverdale, and they are expensive.

[www.marinij.com]

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Can SMART serve both Atherton and Grant Ave. Fred 06-24-2019 - 08:10
  Re: Can SMART serve both Atherton and Grant Ave. synonymouse 06-24-2019 - 11:33
  Re: Can SMART serve both Atherton and Grant Ave. Bob the Train Guy 06-24-2019 - 11:49
  SMART Not To Be Trusted Nixon 06-24-2019 - 12:50
  Re: SMART Not To Be Trusted FUD 06-24-2019 - 13:23

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com