Re: Supervisinng Tommy J. No way... Grants, and finding some money, maybe...?
Author: BOB2
Date: 07-22-2019 - 15:37

Folks occasionally still come to me for advice on how to get money for their projects, and which politician they might have to (fill in the blank)...., in order to get it.

My tracklaying days for Bill and Stan were a long time ago, and they never promoted me beyond laborer, hauling the track jacks, and pinch bars, and dragging the wire ropes, to pull rail behind Bill's pick up truck. I'm too damned old, and that was the 2nd hardest work I ever did in my life. And, no depending on Tommy J is not the answer, either. That's why these organizations need to become more business like in their strategic planning and more sophisticated in their long term fundraising approaches.

I actually do think that OERM seems to be in quite good shape, with good leadership, certainly when compared to some we've recently been discussing. But, all of these organizations have an aging leadership, volunteer, donor, and fan base, and need to think about how they intend to sustain themselves and continue to maintain and operate these collections, into the future. And no, they can't depend just upon a diminishing community of aging retired rails for much of the expertise that's needed to maintain these collections, as they have tended to, "historically" (no pun intended), nor on passionate railfans, that are often "enthusiastic" (as per your example), but lacking in the qualifications and training needed.

Railfans are not going to install the mainline ML connection, if there is ever to be one restored. This will have to be done and signed off for, in the "real" liability conscious and litigious world, ML operates in, by qualified professionals. It is costly to install a new mainline switch on a PTC passenger main. And, the folks who are hired by ML or RCTC to do this, will likely want to be paid. So, if they want grants written, and advice on which politicians they might want to... in order to get their attention and maybe even support for things like that...I would probably be willing to lend a hand.

I already have a much better Board candidate and supporter than myself in mind... Draft CQP?

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Redlands groundbreaking for Metrolink ron 07-21-2019 - 12:36
  Re: Redlands groundbreaking for Metrolink-Great News, Can;t Wait to Ride..."Rare mileage", restored to service... BOB2 07-21-2019 - 13:35
  Re: Redlands groundbreaking for Metrolink-Great News, Can;t Wait to Ride..."Rare mileage", restored to service... ron 07-21-2019 - 14:28
  Re: Redlands groundbreaking for Metrolink-Great News, Can;t Wait to Ride..."Rare mileage", restored to service... BOB2 07-21-2019 - 14:44
  Re: Redlands groundbreaking for Metrolink-Great News, Can;t Wait to Ride..."Rare mileage", restored to service... ron 07-21-2019 - 15:09
  Re: Imagine great things, and figure out the steps you need follow, to get them done...? BOB2 07-21-2019 - 15:35
  Re: Imagine great things, and figure out the steps you need follow, to get them done...? ron 07-21-2019 - 15:41
  Re: TEA and crumpets...to Enhance our lives...? BOB2 07-21-2019 - 15:58
  Re: TEA and crumpets...to Enhance our lives...? ron 07-21-2019 - 16:09
  Re: TEA and crumpets...to Enhance our lives...? Joe Cullum 07-22-2019 - 09:29
  Re: Supervisinng Tommy J. No way... Grants, and finding some money, maybe...? BOB2 07-22-2019 - 15:37
  Re: Supervisinng Tommy J. No way... Grants, and finding some money, maybe...? GH 07-22-2019 - 20:39
  Re: Supervisinng Tommy J. No way... Grants, and finding some money, maybe...? GH 07-22-2019 - 20:45
  Re: OERM is "borderline insolvent", as you claim in your postt? Where is your sourcing?...? BOB2 07-23-2019 - 00:46
  Re: Redlands groundbreaking for Metrolink-Great News, Can;t Wait to Ride..."Rare mileage", restored to service... mvs 07-21-2019 - 14:34
  Re: Redlands groundbreaking for Metrolink-Great News, Can;t Wait to Ride..."Rare mileage", restored to service... BOB2 07-21-2019 - 14:54
  Re: Redlands groundbreaking for Metrolink-Great News, Can;t Wait to Ride..."Rare mileage", restored to service... Joe Cullum 07-21-2019 - 15:23
  Re: Redlands groundbreaking for Metrolink-Great News, Can;t Wait to Ride..."Rare mileage", restored to service... Joe Cullum 07-21-2019 - 15:36
  Re: Redlands groundbreaking for Metrolink-Great News, Can;t Wait to Ride..."Rare mileage", restored to service... Cprr 07-21-2019 - 20:47
  Re: Historic Perris..? Well....?. BOB2 07-21-2019 - 21:43
  Re: Historic Perris..? Well....?. Cprr 07-22-2019 - 07:36
  Re: Historic Perris..? Well....?. ron 07-23-2019 - 12:39
  Re: Redlands groundbreaking for Metrolink BOB R 07-22-2019 - 13:55
  Re: Redlands groundbreaking for Metrolink Bob here's why? BOB2 07-22-2019 - 14:47
  Re: Redlands groundbreaking for Metrolink Bob here's why? WhoNeedsConsultants 07-22-2019 - 15:06
  Re: Redlands groundbreaking for Metrolink Bob here's why? BOB R 07-22-2019 - 18:10

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com