NTSB finds NTSB failed to properly prepare CSX for PTC installation
Author: Not my fault that I left the water ru
Date: 07-24-2019 - 09:38

That's the logical conclusion using their analysis process in the Cayce report and their other cases.

https://trn.trains.com/news/news-wire/2019/07/23-human-error-inattention-to-safety-risks-led-to-2018-south-carolina-crash

“CSX failed to ensure that this crew was properly prepared to perform the tasks CSX assigned them to do that night,” said NTSB Chairman Robert Sumwalt, about what led up to the Feb. 4, 2018, crash.

The conductor of local freight reported to the engineer that he had realigned a switch to the main track, and the engineer had informed the dispatcher that the switch was in the correct position.

It was not.

“I believe that the conductor had every intention of following the rules and thought that he did,” testified Mike Hoepf, an expert on human performance. “He just made a mistake.”

The NTSB also cast doubt on the effectiveness of using a Switch Position Awareness Form to mitigate the risk of an improperly lined switch. NTSB investigators reported they could not find the form used by the F777’s crew that day.

Investigators found that CSX never conducted efficiency testing, or a skills assessment, on either the engineer or conductor of F777 for the purposes of ensuring proper switch alignment.

===

I bet CSX also never conducted efficiency testing, or a skills assessment, on either the engineer or conductor of F777 for the purposes of ensuring if they knew how to properly tie shoelaces, distinguish day from night, or how to breathe.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  NTSB finds NTSB failed to properly prepare CSX for PTC installation Not my fault that I left the water ru 07-24-2019 - 09:38
  Re: NTSB finds NTSB failed to properly prepare CSX for PTC installation OPRRMS 07-24-2019 - 15:46
  Re: NTSB finds NTSB failed to properly prepare CSX for PTC installation broken rail 07-24-2019 - 17:11

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com