Re: Port of Long Beach expansion project What changes, every rail should see it, if they can...
Author: Milwaukee Road Historian
Date: 08-09-2019 - 21:49

George Andrews Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Up here in the land of The Northwest Seaport
> Alliance, the Tacoma ocean port terminals all have
> direct dock - to - rail transfer capabilities,

It was either after I participated in the Apollo 12 or Apollo 13 missions -- I don't recall which -- I travelled to Tacoma in a Milwaukee Road business car with a letter from the railroad president in my hand -- my purpose to make a detailed traffic study of the Milwaukee's port of Tacoma operations. To my disbelief I discovered that Milwaukee's operation in Tacoma was maybe the most profitable railroad operation on the entire west coast. I have 65 linear feet of books in my personal library, and live 8 miles from a retired railroad president, and have been part of a supreme court case.

Best Regards,
Milwaukee Road Historian

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Port of Long Beach expansion project OPRRMS 08-09-2019 - 08:57
  Re: Port of Long Beach expansion project What changes, every rail should see it, if they can... BOB2 08-09-2019 - 10:17
  Re: Port of Long Beach expansion project What changes, every rail should see it, if they can... Ray 08-09-2019 - 13:20
  Re: Port of Long Beach expansion project What changes, every rail should see it, if they can... George Andrews 08-09-2019 - 18:59
  Re: Port of Long Beach expansion project What changes, every rail should see it, if they can... Milwaukee Road Historian 08-09-2019 - 21:49
  Re: Port of Long Beach expansion project What changes, every rail should see it, if they can... ron 08-10-2019 - 19:36
  Re: Port of Long Beach expansion-There's plenty of switching, but containers, are often pre-blcoked, or "load and go" is used. BOB2 08-10-2019 - 20:39
  Re: Port of Long Beach expansion project What changes, every rail should see it, if they can... FUD 08-10-2019 - 20:59
  Re: Port of Long Beach expansion project, more on Dock - to - Rail George Andrews 08-10-2019 - 21:38
  Re: Port of Long Beach expansion project What changes, every rail should see it, if they can... George Andrews 08-10-2019 - 21:09
  Re: Port of Long Beach expansion project What changes, every rail should see it, if they can... ron 08-11-2019 - 09:32

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com