Announcing Release of New Spokane International Railway Book
Author: Dale Jones
Date: 08-10-2019 - 07:45

Just to let everyone know, my Spokane International Railway book will be released September 9, 2019. If you reserve your copy thru September 2, 2019 - you pay no shipping – a $3.00 savings! You won't need to pay anything until I notify you when the book is available.
This is a 128-page book by Arcadia Publishing with a suggested retail price of $21.99.

The book contains 216 B&W images representing a wide-ranging collection of unpublished images from the lens of legendary Spokane International chronicler Larry Shawver along with visits to the McGoldrick Lumber Company, the Idaho and Washington Northern Railway and excellent photographs of the elusive Ohio Match/Burnt Cabin Railroad in the Coeur d'Alene forest. Jerry Quinn, Richard Yaremko and others have generously contributed images of Spokane International/Union Pacific history from downtown Spokane thru Crowsnest Pass on the Canadian Pacific Railway.

Here is the list of chapters:
1. Spokane
2. MP1 to MP25
3. Timber, Cement and Hoodoos
4. Sandpoint
5. Shiloh
6. Bonners Ferry
7. Mountains and Tunnels
8. Larry Shawver

Perhaps because of its remoteness; not much has been written about the Spokane International. My book includes a personal story of the SI through the eyes and life of Larry Shawver who took over 3,000 images of the railway. Here are Larry’s own words “There once was a lonely but proud little Class l railroad that ran from Spokane, Washington up through the Northern Idaho Panhandle to Eastport, Idaho/Kingsgate, B.C., where it connected with a branch line of the CPR.” This is how Larry Shawver, the railfan and author begins the first of fourteen short essays written during the 1970s. The book combines interesting technical and operational information entwined with Larry’s reflections, wit and personal involvement with employees and history of the railroad from the 1910s through the 1970s. Nearly every lineside location and railyard was photographed by Mr. Shawver, and there is a story behind each one.
Go to my website [railroads-of-montana.com] and click on the "Reserve Here" link to send me your request.

BTW: I’ve updated the price on my 128-page “Great Northern Railway in Marias Pass” book and my full-color 96-page “Milwaukee Road Connection – Spokane to Butte.” Please check out the website for details. In conjunction with the September 9th Spokane International book release, I plan to have a special three-book collection offer.

Talk to ya later,
Dale Jones
BTW: work on my upcoming 96-page full-color book “Montana Rails – Mountains to Prairies” is going well. I’m still on track for a May 2020 release.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Announcing Release of New Spokane International Railway Book Dale Jones 08-10-2019 - 07:45

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com