UP 4014 October Routing Question
Author: crmeatball
Date: 08-17-2019 - 15:40

While I have seen nothing official from the UP Steam Shop, I have been following a variety of rumors online about routing of the UP 4014 to LA in October. Most of what I have been able to find are people claiming the routing will be through Salt Lake and a return through Texas. My question is about routing through northern Utah. While it returned to Cheyenne on the LA&SL into Salt Lake City, passing through the Tooele valley, I have wondered about routing over the Provo & Sharp Subs.

What might be the possibility they bring it through Salt Lake* and down the Provo Sub, stopping in someplace like Provo and then to the LA&SL at Lynndyl via the Sharp Sub? There is very little between Salt Lake and Lynndyl (meaning there is absolutely nothing) on the Lynndyl Sub, but routing through Provo would provide more visibility and potentially a stop or two which brings people out to see it? I am not sure about limitations on that route. There are several places I would love to see it down the Provo Sub, so such a routing I think would be interesting (The Jordan Narrows near Thanksgiving Point, a horseshoe-like curve in Payson, several spots near Mona/Nephi, Sevier Canyon, etc). This would still allow stops in places like Delta, Milford and such like last time, but picks up other more populated locations along the Wasatch Front. Does anyone have any idea as to the feasibility and possibility of such routing? I appreciate the input.

*The Rose Park Spur in Salt Lake supposedly has been refurbished recently - I haven't looked but there have been crews in the areas)

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  UP 4014 October Routing Question crmeatball 08-17-2019 - 15:40

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com