Re: The perfect vehicle for your rail fanning needs
Author: OPRRMS
Date: 09-03-2019 - 18:22

I was given a tour of the bus by its owner a few years ago. The owner (if it's the same as the current owner) is very friendly, proud of the bus, and was happy to show it off - especially after I told him I remembered the buses from my days in Southern California.

When I toured it, mechanically it was in good condition (the owner said he'd driven it all over the United States, to Mexico, and even into South America). The body was in pretty good shape, although I don't know about the frame. While the cockpit was original and mostly complete, the rest of the interior was a mess, as it had been the victim of a never completed RV conversion - perhaps more than one attempt. Little remained of the original interior. It would be a lot of work to complete the RV conversion, or restoring it as a bus.

If it's the same guy that I met, I'm sure he's interested in seeing it preserved. Hopefully he'll find it a good home, and it doesn't end up someplace like Schnitzer Steel.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  The perfect vehicle for your rail fanning needs HUTCH 7.62 09-03-2019 - 16:58
  Re: The perfect vehicle for your rail fanning needs Joe Magruder 09-03-2019 - 17:04
  Re: The perfect vehicle for your rail fanning needs Ernest H. Robl 09-03-2019 - 17:33
  Re: The perfect vehicle for your rail fanning needs Ernest H. Robl 09-03-2019 - 17:49
  Re: The perfect vehicle for your rail fanning needs OPRRMS 09-03-2019 - 18:22
  Re: The perfect vehicle for your rail fanning needs George Andrews 09-03-2019 - 18:56
  Re: The perfect vehicle for your rail fanning needs Tom H 09-03-2019 - 19:53
  Re: The perfect vehicle for your rail fanning needs Foamer 09-03-2019 - 22:35
  Re: The perfect vehicle for your rail fanning needs A man in a dog costume 09-03-2019 - 23:54
  Re: The perfect vehicle for your rail fanning needs Foamer 09-04-2019 - 08:04
  Re: The perfect vehicle for your rail fanning needs BusBarn 09-04-2019 - 09:41

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com