Re: Operators fear for safety New York City Subway
Author: Yes Effendi
Date: 10-19-2019 - 19:33

When I saw the thread title I assumed the subject was violent crime, which surprised me because New York City has lower violent crime compared with our enlightened west coast cities that practice leftist rehabilitation, catch and release "justice", and de-policing. But that's another topic.

Surprised me, therefore, to find out the article was about ancient, broken down train equipment. Sorry to say it BOB2, but a lot of American trains do "suck"! The Moscow subway is better than NYC's.

Quote:
Ye article

Operators of 400-ton trains that might carry 1,000 people often can’t see the speed limit signs posted along the tracks, can’t trust the vintage technology that runs track signals, and can’t even be sure if the brakes will work properly.

And faulty speedometers make unclear how fast the train is moving. “One minute it’ll say I’m going 10, the next it’ll say I’m going 60, and all while I know I’m going 20,” said an operator who works on the No. 3 line.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Operators fear for safety New York City Subway JOHN 10-19-2019 - 19:01
  Re: Operators fear for safety New York City Subway Yes Effendi 10-19-2019 - 19:33
  "...can’t even be sure if the brakes will work properly. " Otis 10-19-2019 - 21:19
  Re: Operators fear for safety New York City Subway HUTCH 7.62 10-19-2019 - 19:58
  Re: Operators fear for safety New York City Subway oh my 10-19-2019 - 21:44

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com