Re: SMART out of action due to power cutoff to such signals
Author: Carl A.
Date: 10-28-2019 - 09:47

No change to my post last night.

KCBS Radio reported a fire on Shiloh Ridge (Road? Court?), which immediately threatened a house, and endangered several other nearby houses. The Shiloh Ridge fire was (at the time of the report) only about 1 acre, and firefighters went to work immediately. Report via nixle.us : "The fire reported in the 6300 block of Shiloh Ridge Rd east of Windsor has been quickly contained. The Sheriff's Office evacuated up to ten homes in the immediate area. Everyone can return to their residences."

The reason I'm posting this is, I'd never heard of Shiloh Ridge, so I looked it up. It's on the east side of Hwy 101, in a hilly area next to a large park. SMART's service yard is somewhere between 1 and 2 miles away, in a flat area west of Hwy 101. The report didn't say so, but I'm guessing it's a "spot fire" caused by embers from the big fire. If the wind is high, those flying embers can fly up to a mile or so and ignite spot fires.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  SMART out of action due to down traffic signals s 10-27-2019 - 10:31
  Re: SMART out of action due to down traffic signals david vartanoff 10-27-2019 - 12:39
  Re: SMART out of action due to down traffic signals FUD 10-27-2019 - 13:52
  SMART out of action due to power cutoff to such signals Deaf Leopard 10-27-2019 - 14:44
  Re: SMART out of action due to power cutoff to such signals Carl A. 10-27-2019 - 22:38
  Re: SMART out of action due to power cutoff to such signals Carl A. 10-28-2019 - 09:47

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com