Re: Tolmach is in I'm out of TRAC
Author: Surfliner
Date: 11-16-2008 - 10:20

Robert L. Reynolds Wrote:

>Fact: Last term the TRAC Board voted 11-2-2 to support CA High Speed
>Rail and you can see that endorsement on the Yes on Prop.1a website.
>Look closely on Page 2 under the heading Transportation. Not only
>will you see that TRAC and other "regional" transit groups publicly endorsed,
>but one "statewide" group is missing.

Robert, I am disappointed in your comments posted above. They are just not correct. After reviewing the Prop 1A website, it is clear that you were referring to Railpac. I called Rick Silver, the former Executive Director of Railpac, and he made it clear that Railpac endorsed 1A a long time ago, and that the 1A folks were informed.

FACT: RailPAC leaders Paul Dyson, Art Lloyd, Rick Silver and others, were active in the campaign doing speaking events, radio interviews etc on behalf of 1A. Meanwhile, TRAC leaders Alan Miller, Richard Tolmach and Dan McNamara were out actively campaigning AGAINST 1A.

FACT: The Railpac newsletter announced Railpac's support over and over again in it's most recent issues. Meanwhile, TRAC's newsletter never made any positive comments about 1A.

FACT: Through Railpac's "E-mail Alerts" notice of support for 1A was sent out. Meanwhile the only e-mails I recieved from TRAC was one opposing 1A from Alan Miller, and a wishy washer one telling TRAC members to vote any way they think best on 1A.

FACT: There was also a notice posted on the RailPAC Website. Meanwhile there was nothing about Prop 1A on the TRAC website.

Finally, there were at least 7 Railpac members here in Santa Barbara and LA area who worked many weekends passing out info in support of Prop 1A at Southern California rail stations. We never ran into any TRAC members doing the same.

What did TRAC do for Prop 1A?

Surfliner

P.S. I will not be renewing my TRAC membership.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Tolmach is in I'm out of TRAC So Cal TRAC member 11-13-2008 - 17:57
  Re: Tolmach is in I'm out of TRAC Robert L. Reynolds 11-13-2008 - 19:57
  Re: Tolmach is in I'm out of TRAC Surfliner 11-16-2008 - 10:20
  Re: Tolmach is in I'm out of TRAC Allan Miller 11-16-2008 - 15:21

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com