Veazie branch
Author: trackwalker
Date: 11-13-2019 - 13:23

Today I discovered that the Veazie branch at Palmer Jct. Stampede Sub, has been reactivated. A tie replacement program has started and has extended almost to Veazie. True, the branch is only being used for well car storage due to the Trump "economic boom" that is reducing carloads significantly, but at least the rail isn't being pulled. I happened to meet a BNSF employee in his hyrail and he said it was reactivated due to the need to store more unused cars. (Along with a pithy editorial about Trump...) He said they plan to complete the tie program as soon as possible to make room for more cars all the way out to the end of the branch.
Earlier this fall, the ecology block was still in place across the tracks at the Lake Umeck road and all indications were leading to abandonment. I guess saving the rail for car storage is a plus although, having the cars out shipping would seem to be a better use.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Veazie branch trackwalker 11-13-2019 - 13:23

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com