Re: Visions? And, Diridon Station “world class transit hub”?
Author: BOB2
Date: 11-16-2019 - 20:56

He's had an "interesting" influence, both positive and negative, in my opinion, on California public transportation policy and direction. I think that his approach has done as much harm as good, in a number of cases. And, the track record of his "vision" has been checkered in my opinion, as well.

My first encounter (IIRC) was way back in Jim Mills time, maybe at a CRC conference, back when there were only six Amtrak trains from LA-SD ... And, I've seen him in action at other conferences over the years like APTA, or the UCLA Transportation and Air Quality retreats up at Lake Arrowhead.

He's seen some winners, like support for Caltrain at a critical period, but some real turkey's the taxpayers haven't seen the value from, due to "too much" vision, but a lack of good planning and execution, like VTA. Of course, being better at selling the "vision" versus and the "image" than the hard part of good "planning" that produces solid "results", has never been a reason not to honored for such "success" in politics though, has it?

Nope, he's probably not my first choice for "naming rights", either. Don't we have any famous war heroes, or great scientists, or maybe an astronaut to name things after anymore, or do they only get post offices nowadays?

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Vision unveiled for new San Jose Diridon Station “world class transit hub” WebDigger 11-16-2019 - 17:54
  Re: Vision unveiled for new San Jose Diridon Station “world class transit hub” Negin 11-16-2019 - 18:04
  Re: Vision unveiled for new San Jose Diridon Station “world class transit hub” Larry 11-16-2019 - 19:34
  Re: Visions? And, Diridon Station “world class transit hub”? BOB2 11-16-2019 - 20:56
  Re: Vision unveiled for new San Jose Diridon Station “world class transit hub” Negin 11-17-2019 - 00:45
  Re: Vision unveiled for new San Jose Diridon Station “world class transit hub” Craig Tambo 11-17-2019 - 01:18
  Re: Vision unveiled for new San Jose Diridon Station “world class transit hub” brains 11-17-2019 - 09:49
  Re: Vision unveiled for new San Jose Diridon Station “world class transit hub” HUTCH 7.62 11-17-2019 - 10:56

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com