Re: What if.......mega railroads broke up... Yep, the damage is done..
Author: BOB2
Date: 12-17-2019 - 15:46

A lot of the damage has been done, and is unlikely to be undone. I'd like to find Doc's DeLorean, and go back and fix it... But, we can't. Restore the Modoc, or undo these mega mergers? It;s a very unlikely outcome.

But, breaking the monopolistic situations this has created and we are encountering today could be done by effective regulation. By using tough regulation we could allow and/or force these oligopolies to open up routes and/or grant operating rights, to allow access to captive customers like those single carrier "ports" or other potential RR captive customers, by competing carriers, able to offer service that the mega roads don't, or won't, offer.

Will it happen...? I don't know.

Today, we increasingly seem to have evolved into a "virtual" "kleptocracy" where we have the best "gubmint" that unlimited amount of campaign money and lobbyist's can buy, regardless of the "brand" of "gubmint" which they "call" themselves or "claim" to represent... So while I'd like to be more "optimistic", it's much safer to be realistic... Which makes me pretty pessimistic...

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Just 31 years ago today on the Modoc Goatboat 12-17-2019 - 12:28
  Re: Just 31 years ago today on the Modoc HUTCH 7.62 12-17-2019 - 12:54
  Re: Just 31 years ago today on the Modoc-Bringing back memories... BOB2 12-17-2019 - 13:11
  What if.......mega railroads broke up J Mann 12-17-2019 - 14:17
  Re: What if.......mega railroads broke up... Yep, the damage is done.. BOB2 12-17-2019 - 15:46
  Re: What if.......mega railroads broke up... Yep, the damage is done.. brains 12-17-2019 - 18:41
  Re: What if.......mega railroads broke up George Andrews 12-17-2019 - 15:52
  Re: Just 31 years ago today on the Modoc-Bringing back memories... HUTCH 7.62 12-18-2019 - 06:35
  Re: Just 31 years ago today on the Modoc-Bringing back memories... Goatboat 12-19-2019 - 08:16

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com