Re: Your Best Estimate of Traffic Levels in 2019?
Author: Mike Stimpson
Date: 01-02-2020 - 09:26

Saw 8 trains in a day in Weber and Echo Canyons just over a week ago. One was a PSR monster, with just over 200 cars. Another was obviously two different stack trains coupled together, with the head end of the second becoming DPUs of the combined train. I'd guess that this would have been at least 10 "normal" trains, pre-PSR. That's respectable, but not spectacular.

By the way, I changed my approach that day. My normal approach is just to sit somewhere and wait for trains. But with fewer and bigger trains, I changed to a strategy of "chase 'em if you've got 'em". That is, once you find a train, follow it, because there may not be another for an unreasonable amount of time.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Your Best Estimate of Traffic Levels in 2019? Pdxrailtransit 12-31-2019 - 12:45
  Re: Your Best Estimate of Traffic Levels in 2019? NormSchultze 12-31-2019 - 14:28
  Doesn't anyone actually go down to the tracks anymore? Pdxrailtransit 01-01-2020 - 13:09
  Re: Doesn't anyone actually go down to the tracks anymore? Keith Ode 01-01-2020 - 15:52
  Gevos are boss! Pdxrailtransit 01-01-2020 - 17:42
  Re: Your Best Estimate of Traffic Levels in 2019? Mike Stimpson 01-02-2020 - 09:26
  Thanks Mike Pdxrailtransit 01-02-2020 - 10:51

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com