Railroads of Montana Publications Update & Book Signing Tomorrow - Spokane
Author: Dale Jones
Date: 01-03-2020 - 09:00

First of all - everyone is invited to visit me tomorrow for book-signing at the Spokane Barnes & Noble at Northtown Mall from 1:00pm to 4:00pm. Here's the B&N information page.
[stores.barnesandnoble.com]

Here's an update on my 2020 Railroads of Montana calendars. There were some corrections needed on the proof copy [hopefully they are resolved now]...so, it should be ready next week. I'll post a link to the calendar cover and back pages when I get the actual calendars. Tentative price for the 2020 calendar would be $17.87 – the early 2000’s calendars were $13.95...so a four-dollar increase in twenty years is not too bad.

I have these following 28-page booklets ready to send to the printer.

The Great Northern Railway’s Kettle Falls Branch – Spokane to Kettle Falls [all Great Northern images]...28-page full-color

Off the Beaten Pass – Thirty Years in Marias Pass [all Burlington Northern images in GN's Marias Pass]...28 page full-color

Livin’ on the Hi-Line – A Montana Prairie Adventure [mostly BNSF images on GN's Hi-Line]...28 page full-color

Tentative price for the 28-page booklets would be $14.87 – the early 2000’s booklets were $10.95...so a five-dollar increase in twenty years is not too bad.

I'm working on revamping my Soo Line - Outlook, Montana - Whitetail Line 28-page booklet.
I lost all the files in a PC meltdown a few years ago.

I haven't decided to release these booklets one a time or publish the whole set all at once.

Here are some future publications that are nearing completion.

Great Northern Railway’s Kettle Falls Line – Spokane to Chewelah...192-page color/B&W – this DVD book has never been available in print. Tentative price $38.87 – for a comprehensive history of the line, not too bad for a limited one-time printed perfect-bound book publication.

The Spokane International Railway of Larry Shawver...92-page color/B&W – this DVD book has been never available in print. Tentative price $23.87 – this perfect-bound book is a history of the SI through the essay’s and photographs of Larry Shawver...a perfect companion for my Arcadia Publishing Spokane International Railway.

One last item I am considering publishing. It would be a limited edition of a 30-some page full-color hard-bound "Costco" type photo book with some of my Inland Empire area Great Northern and SP&S photos from the 1960s - I will be able to size and place images as I please so it won't be so "generic" like my Arcadia Publishing books. I haven't worked out a price yet as this project is still in the planning stages.

Please go to my Railroads of Montana website, at the bottom of the homepage under “Questions or Comments” and let me know if you would be interested in any of these publications.
[railroads-of-montana.com]

Thank you again in advance.
Dale Jones

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Railroads of Montana Publications Update & Book Signing Tomorrow - Spokane Dale Jones 01-03-2020 - 09:00
  Re: Railroads of Montana Publications Update & Book Signing Tomorrow - Spokane S. Thomas 01-04-2020 - 11:58
  Re: Railroads of Montana Publications Update & Book Signing Tomorrow - Spokane Dale Jones 01-05-2020 - 08:57

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com