Re: AMTK vs. Tri-Rail incident [link]
Author: John Bruce
Date: 11-28-2008 - 07:29

Well, based on comments at TO, we wouldn't have read about CP College unless some knowledgeable people gave the story there. (Some commented that Amtrak would not be real happy to see this, too.) And note the details of the Palm Beach Post story on the Amtrak/Tri Rail incident: the guy who blew the whistle was a Tri-Rail employee who was riding the train and couldn't help but notice the conductor running through saying there was going to be a colllision! Since "an administrator" at Tri Rail was among those disciplined, as best I can put things together from the story, the best bet is that the whistle blower followed policy and reported the rule violation up through his chain of command. Chain of command, however, presumably did not want to report bad news, and the report stopped with him or her. Whistle blower was persistent, and the thing finally came to light.

Yeah, according to TO, 98% or whatever of banner tests are passed. On one hand, I wonder if that means the supervisors need a tougher test. On the other hand, if the guy on the Amtrak train at CP College had been driving crapfaced for x years (my guess), how come this low-hanging fruit hadn't been picked long before? My guess is there's a culture not just among misguided union members, but among "officials" and administrators to minimize the problem.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  trainnews - volume 1 issue 31 Espee99 11-25-2008 - 20:30
  Re: AMTK vs. Tri-Rail incident [link] OPRRMS 11-26-2008 - 23:54
  Re: AMTK vs. Tri-Rail incident [link] John Bruce 11-27-2008 - 13:33
  Re: AMTK vs. Tri-Rail incident [link] OPRRMS 11-27-2008 - 18:04
  Re: AMTK vs. Tri-Rail incident [link] John Bruce 11-28-2008 - 07:29

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com