Re:Mouse are you drinking, or are you just selling the current transit planning "flavor of the week" arterial BRT Kool-aide?....
Author: BOB2
Date: 01-14-2020 - 18:25

Mighty Mouse will save the day... Mighty Mouse is on the way!

So exactly how many "time and motion" operational analysis data collection studies of the discrete components that make up arterial bus delay have you done Mouse?

What are the primary reasons for arterial delay for buses, and (hint?) for arterial traffic flow travel speed and capacity, in general?

And, is an arterial HOV or exclusive arterial bus lane, really the same as operating in an exclusive right of way as a fixed guideway vehicle?

I've heard this "sacred mantra" repeated: "We'll make the buses go faster Bob, it's just like light rail Bob...."... several times in my long career.

I that just heard that "sacred mantra" again, just today, with MTA's latest announcement of how we need to spend $750 million on the "panacea" for bus delay, of taking congested existing arterial mixed flow lanes away from the already congestion weary voters, in one of the most congested cities in America, to make exclusive arterial bus lanes that the work I did showed little to no likely travel time or operational savings to users or operators... (albeit they also mentioned some things that would actually help to speed up buses, as well).

Do we actually know that's true, or, like so much other popular horse crap these days, do we just believe that's true? Or even worse, as I see on both fringes, do we just want to believe that it's true....?

Fixing much of what is wrong with SMART would not be all that hard, all they need is some talented management, some real leadership, and some money. Which, go figure, the voters actually seem willing to approve, even with the current situation...

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  4 hour commute from Northbay synonymouse 01-14-2020 - 10:13
  Re: 4 hour commute from Northbay Kris Kros 01-14-2020 - 11:04
  Re: 4 hour commute from Northbay J Mann 01-14-2020 - 12:21
  Re: 4 hour commute from Northbay, or two hours from Petaluma, either sucks.... BOB2 01-14-2020 - 13:18
  Re: 4 hour commute from Northbay, or two hours from Petaluma, either sucks.... david vartanoff 01-14-2020 - 15:50
  Re: 4 hour commute from Northbay, or two hours from Petaluma, either sucks.... synonymouse 01-14-2020 - 17:41
  Re:Mouse are you drinking, or are you just selling the current transit planning "flavor of the week" arterial BRT Kool-aide?.... BOB2 01-14-2020 - 18:25
  Bob 2 are you drinking, or are you just a unabashed optimist ron 01-14-2020 - 19:44
  Re: Bob 2 are you drinking, or are you just a unabashed optimist david vartanoff 01-14-2020 - 22:47
  Re: I'm just an unabashed optimist, who could use a drink.... BOB2 01-15-2020 - 07:30
  Re: I'm just an unabashed optimist, who could use a drink.... FUD 01-15-2020 - 08:00
  Re: I'm just an unabashed optimist, who could use a drink.... Mueller 01-15-2020 - 10:11

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com