Re: Ralph and Mouse are right, we must destroy SMART in order to save it!
Author: Anonysquirrel 2.0
Date: 01-17-2020 - 23:04

A comment thread under the article. Is the GGT bus from Santa Rosa to SF really less than 1 hour??

Zip

Personally, I feel that SMART only works for a few people. But ignoring that, any tax should not come from a sales tax; as that hurts the ones that can afford it least. I think adding it our property tax would make more sense...not that I would ever vote for that. Now, if you can get the train to go to SF, then I would vote for it....maybe with a dedicated bus that meets each train.

Steve M

I take the GGT 72X from Santa Rosa that gets me to downtown SF in just over an hour. If not going downtown I can transfer at the bridge, as all GGT buses stop at the bridge. Half the time at half the price, with a bus stop that may be the coolest in the world.

Oak Tree

This is one of the major reasons taking SMART is pointless.

Way-not

YES, and you don't have to make 3 timed transfers just to get there. (Car to train--train to ferry--ferry to MUNIv)

trycommonsense

And we could have bought 1200 state of the art hybrid busses for the initial cost of the stupid train.

TheJerk666

What time does your fairytail happen? Splitting lanes the whole way on my bike was 50 minutes door to door to san Rafael. No way a bus makes it to the city in under 1.5 hours. Maybe if you are going before 5:30, otherwise I call Bull.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Opposition to SMART tax measure has DEEP pockets Anonysquirrel 01-17-2020 - 15:37
  Re: Opposition to SMART tax measure has DEEP pockets synonymouse 01-17-2020 - 17:35
  Re: Opposition to SMART tax measure has DEEP pockets brains 01-17-2020 - 19:07
  Re: Opposition to SMART tax measure has DEEP pockets Ralph 01-17-2020 - 19:30
  Re: Opposition to SMART tax measure has DEEP pockets brains 01-17-2020 - 19:55
  Re: Ralph and Mouse are right, we must destroy SMART in order to save it! BOB2 01-17-2020 - 20:58
  Re: Ralph and Mouse are right, we must destroy SMART in order to save it! Anonysquirrel 2.0 01-17-2020 - 23:04
  SMART Survey Results Ralph 01-18-2020 - 09:35
  Re: SMART Survey Results So Far on Professor Bob's mid term you get an incomplete... BOB2 01-18-2020 - 15:03
  Re: SMART Survey Results So Far on Professor Bob's mid term you get an incomplete... brains 01-18-2020 - 16:55
  Re: SMART Survey Results So Far on Professor Bob's mid term you get an incomplete... Ralph 01-19-2020 - 14:18
  Re: SMART Survey Results Once again your get fail Professor Bob's mid term, and you still get an incomplete... BOB2 01-19-2020 - 19:46
  Re: SMART Survey Results Once again your get fail Professor Bob's mid term, and you still get an incomplete... Ralph 01-20-2020 - 10:41

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com