Mister Atom is leaving... Redi-kilowatt will be sad to see him go... An excuse for a train trip....
Author: BOB2
Date: 01-27-2020 - 16:25

I remember going with my dad to San Diego on business, IIRC even before all of I-5 was finished, I seem to recall that you still used part of PCH, along the tracks, through if I recall correctly a section through Cardiff, (I hated it when they routed inland, couldn't watch for San Diegans). I was maybe 16, when he told me what that was that dome was going to be.

My dad took his combat corpsman training at Camp Pendleton in 1945, and as far as he was concerned the A bomb saved his life. So this was still back in an era when "Mister Atom", (who if I remember right was "Redi-kilowatts" right hand man, in those utility comic book corporate propaganda they handed out to us school kids back then), was still our "friend"...

That will be interesting to see, with nothing there... I need to use my pass and go down on LOSSAN to take a look at the demolition... There was already a spur there, though, IIRC. Which I thought still had been used occasionally, in years prior to the plant closing?

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Tear-down of San Onofre to start with new spur JAYBIRD 01-27-2020 - 13:30
  Mister Atom is leaving... Redi-kilowatt will be sad to see him go... An excuse for a train trip.... BOB2 01-27-2020 - 16:25
  Re: Tear-down of San Onofre to start with new spur Santafeboy 01-27-2020 - 16:38
  Re: Tear-down of San Onofre to start with new spur trackwalker 01-27-2020 - 16:58
  Re: Tear-down of San Onofre to start with new spur George Andrews 01-27-2020 - 17:25
  A little before San Onofre Pdxrailtransit 01-27-2020 - 17:40
  Re: Tear-down of San Onofre to start with new spur Frank Drebin 01-27-2020 - 19:28
  Re: Tear-down of San Onofre to start with new spur Santafeboy 01-27-2020 - 17:38
  E-Bay Search Result Pdxrailtransit 01-27-2020 - 17:44
  Re: E-Bay Search Result HUTCH 7.62 01-28-2020 - 06:08

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com