Re: Update-CN shutting down eastern lines. Layoffs. Transcon traffic being parked
Author: Keith Ode
Date: 02-14-2020 - 13:23

brains Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Keith - You've missed the point. My assertions
> about the character of the Nationale
> Sozialistische Deutsche Arbeiter Partei are rooted
> in historical scholarship. Comparison and contrast
> of historical and modern trends is not name
> calling, with the exception of "cousin Donald
> John". He deserves it, richly (and some of his
> extended family would probably agree!)

I absolutely agree that Trump deserves to be called names. He knows he's a piece of @#$%& and that's why he lets it roll of his back. The same could never be said of Hitler. Trashing Trump is fine, that's an all-American activity, but comparing the rallies of his supporters to those of Nuremberg is seriously damaging to the underlying point you're trying to make. It also confirms what your opposition believes your positions are, and the chance to enlighten them is lost.

> I have never, nor would I ever claim that
> right-wing authoritarianism is the only kind.

Good to know. It's unfortunate that people have to explicitly state such common sense positions nowadays, lest someone purposefully twist your words and message.

> As to real, as opposed to AI "individuals",
> patterns of response could be inferred to be
> derived from algorithms.

I seriously disagree. BOTS and trolls don't respond and when they do, it's pretty obvious. I'm also of the mindset that if you have serious convictions, then no opportunity to express those convictions or to refine your argument should be wasted. There are times when I'm engaging with someone who is obviously a troll and has no stake in the game other than his own amusement (BOB2 for example). I see this as just another chance to test my arguments and knowledge in an effort to refine both.

> At the risk of being accused of flattery, I
> welcome your commentary. It's a breath of fresh
> air by co.parison

Thank you for appreciating my input. If more people would start thinking with their brains instead of their emotions, they'd realize on of the great joys in life is thoughtful disagreement with another person who's knowledge and experience you value. I particularly enjoy your posts in terms of the breadth of knowledge, personal experience and linguistic wit. It was quite annoying to read another poster earlier this week (an actual troll it would seem) reply to an in depth and interesting post of yours with "BOOOOOORING!"

If that person actually thinks you're boring, I feel bad for them, and empathy is something I'm in short supply of lately.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  CN says much of its network is closed by Indian blockades Smells like Soros 02-11-2020 - 21:51
  Re: CN says much of its network is closed by Indian blockades Confused 02-12-2020 - 06:20
  Re: CN says much of its network is closed by Indian blockades HUTCH 7.62 02-12-2020 - 07:50
  Re: CN says much of its network is closed by Indian blockades White River Junction 02-12-2020 - 09:47
  Re: CN says much of its network is closed by Indian blockades HUTCH 7.62 02-12-2020 - 10:45
  Blocked for 5 days. PM bastard son of Castro still out of the country Dazed and Confused 02-12-2020 - 11:38
  Re: Blocked for 5 days. PM bastard son of Castro still out of the country Ivan the Sneak 02-12-2020 - 12:59
  Re: Blocked for 5 days. PM bastard son of Castro still out of the country Scott 02-12-2020 - 13:21
  Update-CN shutting down eastern lines. Layoffs. Transcon traffic being parked Dudley Do-Right 02-13-2020 - 16:48
  Re: Update-CN shutting down eastern lines. Layoffs. Transcon traffic being parked brains 02-13-2020 - 18:53
  Re: Update-CN shutting down eastern lines. Layoffs. Transcon traffic being parked Hello, Tin Man 02-13-2020 - 19:46
  Re: Update-CN shutting down eastern lines. Layoffs. Transcon traffic being parked brains 02-14-2020 - 00:12
  Re: Update-CN shutting down eastern lines. Layoffs. Transcon traffic being parked Brains, The 02-14-2020 - 07:03
  Re: Update-CN shutting down eastern lines. Layoffs. Transcon traffic being parked brains 02-14-2020 - 08:18
  Re: Update-CN shutting down eastern lines. Layoffs. Transcon traffic being parked In a Nutshell 02-14-2020 - 09:48
  Re: Update-CN shutting down eastern lines. Layoffs. Transcon traffic being parked brains 02-14-2020 - 10:35
  Re: Update-CN shutting down eastern lines. Layoffs. Transcon traffic being parked Keith Ode 02-14-2020 - 11:58
  Re: Update-CN shutting down eastern lines. Layoffs. Transcon traffic being parked Karl 02-14-2020 - 16:21
  Re: Update-CN shutting down eastern lines. Layoffs. Transcon traffic being parked Keith Ode 02-14-2020 - 11:48
  Re: Update-CN shutting down eastern lines. Layoffs. Transcon traffic being parked Dr Zarkoff 02-14-2020 - 15:35
  Re: Update-CN shutting down eastern lines. Layoffs. Transcon traffic being parked Keith Ode 02-14-2020 - 12:40
  Re: Update-CN shutting down eastern lines. Layoffs. Transcon traffic being parked Phillip Zone 02-14-2020 - 09:32
  Re: Update-CN shutting down eastern lines. Layoffs. Transcon traffic being parked Keith Ode 02-14-2020 - 12:03
  Re: Update-CN shutting down eastern lines. Layoffs. Transcon traffic being parked brains 02-14-2020 - 12:37
  Re: Update-CN shutting down eastern lines. Layoffs. Transcon traffic being parked Keith Ode 02-14-2020 - 13:23
  Re: Update-CN shutting down eastern lines. Layoffs. Transcon traffic being parked Dr Zarkoff 02-14-2020 - 15:41

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com