Re: Del Mar tunnel-Sad....
Author: FUD
Date: 02-24-2020 - 17:46

Sorry Bob, you know as well as I do that HSR and San Diego fund are in different pots, and can't be spent on things outside that pot. HSR money is pretty much locked up for that purpose. I agree with you that we need a lot of other things whether or not HSR ever gets built, or portions of it even get used for something. You just won't get at the HSR money without a serious political fight. Probably better to use the pending transportation disaster in Del Mar to try to get other, more flexible funding priorities changed.

Now if we had large local earthquake and the tracks all fell in the ocean, with other bits wiped out by a tsunami (thinking the bridges over the various rivers and San Clemente), it's possible that money could become available to do the job that should be done. I don't wish for that due to the damage and destruction and certain loss of lives. Short of that, how do project priorities get changed? Get flexible funds, and get political support. And don't use the words "climate change" or "global warming" or "sea level rise" if you want support in San Diego County or from the feds.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Del Mar tunnel Berg 02-24-2020 - 13:20
  Re: Del Mar tunnel-Sad.... BOB2 02-24-2020 - 16:22
  Re: Del Mar tunnel-Sad.... FUD 02-24-2020 - 17:46
  Re: Del Mar tunnel-Sad.... Les 02-24-2020 - 18:10
  Re: Del Mar tunnel-Sad.... Money Hater 02-24-2020 - 21:18
  Re: Del Mar tunnel Wouldn't be prudent 02-24-2020 - 19:29

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com