Personal perspective - My Great Uncle Raymond
Author: Pdxrailtransit
Date: 03-03-2020 - 13:16

I never knew my Great Uncle Raymond. He died in the Spanish Flu epidemic as a young man. My Grandmother always spoke very fondly of him. He was the oldest of 4 Brooks children in Haxtun, Colorado. My other two Great Uncles, Elver and Ivan were really great guys. Midwesterners without any pretense. Anyway, I found Raymond's bible when I was cleaning out my Parent's condo when my Dad had to go into assisted living. Really meant a lot to me.

A big difference between the Spanish Flu and the Corona Virus is that the former disproportionately killed younger people due to the ferocity of their immune response.

At least it ain't Ebola. Read the Hot Zone by Richard Preston if you want a sobering read. In this book he advances the idea that Earth's population growth is basically a huge invitation for the spread of new diseases.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Coronavirus 3000 dead, coming soon to a state near you Sik n Tired 03-02-2020 - 21:12
  Get Coronavirus updates on TO from Passenger section geniuses like PHall Phail 03-02-2020 - 22:21
  Re: Get Coronavirus updates on TO from Passenger section geniuses like PHall toot 03-03-2020 - 09:58
  Great Northern annuls silk trains on Corona Virus fears.... E.H. Scaryman 03-03-2020 - 10:44
  Re: Get Coronavirus updates on TO from Passenger section geniuses like PHall Sik n Tired 03-03-2020 - 22:06
  The Chronicle is compiling an exhaustive list of every coronavirus case in California WebDigger 03-03-2020 - 12:27
  Personal perspective - My Great Uncle Raymond Pdxrailtransit 03-03-2020 - 13:16
  I am going to Winterail Big snot locker 03-03-2020 - 16:40
  One step forward, two steps backwards Pdxrailtransit 03-03-2020 - 17:17
  Another Covid-19 data/map website: nCoV2019.live WebDigger 03-05-2020 - 19:20

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com