Re: Winterail.....? Least of our worries this morning...? On-line?
Author: BOB2
Date: 03-12-2020 - 07:32

It's a hoax!

It's a hoax that the market dropped 1,600 point in 30 minutes this morning and trading was stopped, too....

Finding a way to hold the presentations without a "live" audience, and "sell" or monetize "cost recovery" for these kind presentation events, on-line, like on you tube (like folks are using skype for business meetings), might be one way to "muddle though".

I go the Von Karmen lectures at JPL and Caltech (which I believe was cancelled with all the other Caltech conferences this month), and when I can't, they've recorded them and post them on their website (which would be nice with more of these RR events just to archive this history for the future...).

I am more worried about the impact of this on those who are losing their jobs by the tens of thousands this week in my favorite restaurants, in the tourist industries, those who work in the sports or entertainment "industry" (the stagehands, ushers, food service folks..), or at the ports, or driving trucks, ... And, those hundreds of thousands of other businesses large and small and their workers...

Basketball, Stagecoach, March Madness....like Carl Sagan used to say, "billions and billions" (dollars lost in this case, not stars....).

I am wondering if we can get stagflation going again...

Can we get to that economic "sweet spot" where supply disruption and shortages drive prices up faster, than increased unemployment, decreased household income, and decreased demand can drive prices down? The markets are taking bets....

The price of gas is down, so now everyone can afford to drive to Winterail, but a case of Purell, or Charmin sells for five hundred dollars...

But, I feel confident, that if we follow the always wise and selfless advice of some of our political leaders, and can give a big enough bailout to the shale oil industry, as economic "stimulus", that it will fix everything.

Meanwhile, how has this hit Amtrak, commute, and transit ridership, and what kind of things are folks seeing done right or wrong to mitigate or respond to this pandemic? Getting the sick homeless off of the trains...? Cleaning the trains...? Bargain prices...? Cancelled services...?

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Winterail Drew Jacksich 03-11-2020 - 23:21
  Re: Winterail LOL 03-12-2020 - 05:12
  Re: Winterail WAF 03-12-2020 - 07:01
  Re: Winterail Wuhan Hunan 03-12-2020 - 07:18
  Re: Winterail WAF 03-12-2020 - 14:10
  Re: Winterail HoaxBuster 03-12-2020 - 18:04
  Re: Winterail HoaxBuster 03-12-2020 - 19:47
  Re: Winterail Boberama 03-12-2020 - 21:22
  Re: Winterail.....? Least of our worries this morning...? On-line? BOB2 03-12-2020 - 07:32
  Re: Winterail.....? Least of our worries this morning...? On-line? Mr. Bigglesworth 03-12-2020 - 08:51
  Re: Winterail.....? Least of our worries this morning...? On-line? Jim Speaker 03-12-2020 - 09:31
  Re: Winterail.....? Least of our worries this morning...? And, yeah, TEU's are reportedly down even more, but they already were down on RR's.... BOB2 03-12-2020 - 10:07
  SOCAL OBSERVATIONS FOR BOB2 Beauregard 03-12-2020 - 11:05
  Re: SOCAL OBSERVATIONS FOR BOB2 Hoax? Not an economic hoax... BOB2 03-12-2020 - 11:55
  Re: SOCAL OBSERVATIONS FOR BOB2 Hoax? Not an economic hoax... Mr. Bigglesworth 03-12-2020 - 12:03
  Re: SOCAL OBSERVATIONS FOR BOB2 The Good News...? BOB2 03-12-2020 - 12:21
  Re: Winterail.....? Least of our worries this morning...? On-line? Bon Mot 03-12-2020 - 09:59
  Re: Winterail.....? Least of our worries this morning...? On-line? OPRRMS 03-12-2020 - 10:11
  Re: Winterail.....? Least of our worries this morning...? On-line? Tunnel Rat 03-12-2020 - 11:42
  Re: Winterail.....? Least of our worries this morning...? On-line? HUTCH 7.62 03-12-2020 - 12:18

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com