A Few CORP Photos and Some Observations on Operations
Author: Matt C. Batryn-Rodriguez
Date: 03-27-2020 - 12:17

A few CORP Photos and Some Observations on Operations

Back around the beginning of the year I inquired here about current Central Oregon and Pacific Operations. I've now made several drives between Redding, CA and Vancouver, WA (with some minor detours for photography), so figured I would share a few observation on ops, and some photos.

First a few photos:

The Riddle Switcher is getting ready to switch the Roseburg Forest Products Mill in Riddle, OR right around midnight.
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49452571132_50f1f6f029_o.jpgRiddle, OR by Matt Batryn-Rodriguez, on Flickr

The Glendale Hauler returning north through Round Prairie, OR on a moody morning.
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49663877408_3d9f87fc71_o.jpgRound Prairie, OR by Matt Batryn-Rodriguez, on Flickr

The AM Dillard Switcher putting their train together at massive Roseburg Forest Products mill at Dillard.
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49664415711_2d0bc3afcc_o.jpgDillard, OR by Matt Batryn-Rodriguez, on Flickr

The southbound Roseburg Hauler catches a few brief rays of sun.
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49705276687_9ba9ab26f0_o.jpgUnion Gap, OR by Matt Batryn-Rodriguez, on Flickr

More photos can be found in my CORP Album here:
[www.flickr.com]

And some notes on operations. I've found the old Alpha Rails CORP Train Schedule Page to be a handy resource even though the info is from 2006 or older. This page can be found here:

[www.alpharail.net]

Below is some brief notes on each job listed on the linked page. These are from my own observations and likely have many flaws. Feel free to correct.

Eugene:
---------
Job 501 (Roseburg Hauler, SB): Seems to get into the yard at Akin around noon. Have caught it on a Tuesday and a Friday, guessing Mon-Fri or Tue-Sat operations.

Job 401 (Coos Bay Hauler): Long abolished.

Job 900 (Yoncalla Switcher): Have yet to catch this job, though have seen a good number of photos of it running in the afternoon.

Roseburg and Dillard:
----------------------------
Job 503 (Roseburg Hauler, NB): I'm told it runs in the afternoon, departing Akin Yard after the the SB job arrives. I've only caught it on a Monday night tied up on the mainline a bit south of Cottage Grove.

Job 503 (Glendale Hauler SB): Runs at night. Believe it may be running out of Dillard. Seems to get into Glendale around 01:00 or 02:00. Have caught or heard on the radio them running on Thursday and Monday. Does not appear to run Fridays. Guessing it runs Sun-Thurs.

Job 506 (Glendale Hauler NB):Return trip, looks to get into Dillard sometime post dawn. would run Thur-sun night/mon-fri morning.

Job 100 (Rice Hill Switcher): Never caught this job.

Job 104 (Riddle Switcher): Believe they are running Sun-Thur nights. Gets into Riddle some time around midnight. Believe they run out of Dillard.

Job 102 (AM Dillard Switcher): Goes on duty some time early in the AM at Dillard. Puts a large train together comprised of their own cars from Dillard, the returned Riddle Switcher, and the Returned Glendale Hauler. Uses the power from al 3 jobs to move all cars to Akin Yard. May return new power and cars to Dillard, not sure. I'm guessing this job runs Mon-Fri.

Job 103 (PM Dillard Switcher): Does not run on Fridays, does on Thursdays. Guessing runs Sun-Thur. Believe they switch Dillard, and move cars to/from Akin yard I believe. Believe on duty some time around 8pm or later.

Job 101 (Weekend Switcher): Never caught this job.

Medford:
-----------

Job 201 (Grants Pass Switcher): As of a few years ago was on duty around 7 AM, but otherwise seems unchanged.

Job 202 (AM Medford Switcher): As of a few years ago on duty about 8:30 AM. Not sure it runs on the weekend. Otherwise unchanged. Work at White City seems to be in the afternoon.

Job 504 (Glendale Hauler NB): Runs at night, with a suspected meet at Glendale around 0200. Does not run Fri or Sat. Believe it runs Sun-Thur.

Job 505 (Glendale Hauler SB): Continuation of above. Seems to get back to Medford around 07:30.

Job 507 (Hornbrook Hauler SB): I'm told this is a Mon-Fri job, but every time I've tried to shoot it, it has not run. Unsure on actual operations.

Job 502 (Hornbrook Hauler NB): Same lack of observations as above.

Weed:
--------
Job 500 (Hornbrook Hauler NB): Gets into Hornbrook 10:00 to 11:00. Seems to run Mon-Fri.

Job 509 (Hornbrook Hauler SB): Gets back to weed around 12:00 to 13:00. Performs switching in Weed as needed.

Job 701 (AM Weed Switcher): Believe this work is all done by the two above jobs.

Coos Bay:
------------
All operations have been long abolished out of Coos Bay as the line was sold.

Hope someone finds this all interesting.

Best regards,
~Matt

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  A Few CORP Photos and Some Observations on Operations Matt C. Batryn-Rodriguez 03-27-2020 - 12:17
  Re: A Few CORP Photos and Some Observations on Operations Bill Webb 03-27-2020 - 12:37
  Re: A Few CORP Photos and Some Observations on Operations ShortlinesUSA 03-27-2020 - 14:32
  Re: A Few CORP Photos and Some Observations on Operations Sasquatch 03-27-2020 - 15:42

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com