Re: BNSF Gateway Sub Online Traffic
Author: Matt C. Batryn-Rodriguez
Date: 06-13-2020 - 22:21

The Inside Gateway is predominantly a through route, with typically 4-6 through trains a day running it's length. I'm not real sure what the current symbols are, but traditionally there has been a southbound manifest from Vancouver, and a southbound manifest from Pasco. There is typically a northbound counter part to each as well. Southern destinations/origins have been Barstow, Bakersfield, Riverbank, and Stockton, though I'm not sure where the current ones are running from/to. This gives you 4 manifests a day on average, there can be extras, or some days things may not run.

Additional traffic that runs as needed consists of loaded southbound grain trains, empty northbound grain trains (typically 2 shorter trains per loaded SB due to train length restriction in the FRC for EB/NB trains), SB loaded ethanol trains, NB empty ethanol trains (same deal as the grainer), SB loaded oil trains, NB empty oil trains (same deal again), empty vehicle trains (NB normally?), and empty intermoodal trains (NB or SB).

For locals on the Gateway Sub, BNSF runs the South Local out of K Falls on Mon and Thru to Crescent Mills (or as far as is needed), and NB back to K Falls Tue and Fri, with a shorter round trip on Wed. This train works a number of Ag related customers in the Klamath Basin (fertilizer, grain, potatoes), the Pumice load out at Tionesta, several customers at Bieber (lumber, minerals and maybe Ag related stuff too), and the Collins Pine reload at Clear Creek Jct. There used to be an SPI reload at Crescent Mills, though I'm unsure if it is still in use. This job typically runs in the day light, though someone else would have to fill in exact times. There are also several yard jobs in K Falls that work customers there, and add/remove blocks of local cars from the through trains. I sadly dont know much about the yard jobs so someone else will have to fill in more.

For the OT Sub, there are two locals that work out of Bend. One is on duty in the morning and works Prinville Jct (interchange with City of Prinville Railway) among other industries, while the other is on duty in the later afternoon and works as far north as Madras. There are a number of ag related customers in the fertile valley north of Bend, and some varied customers within Bend. There may be one or two occasional customers south of Bend too. These are both 5 day a week jobs.

Now some of this info may be a bit out of date, so take it for whatever you think it's worth, and please feel free to correct/add to it.

https://live.staticflickr.com/4480/37218735110_59737af49a_o.jpg
Merrill, OR
by Matt Batryn-Rodriguez, on Flickr
Here the South Local/Gateway Sub Local rounds a curve near Merrill, OR as it heads back to Klamath Falls.

https://live.staticflickr.com/4228/35576216766_32c386279b_o.jpg
Madras, OR
by Matt Batryn-Rodriguez, on Flickr
I've spent less time on the OT Sub, so here is the only shot of I have online of the Evening Bend Local running north as light power across the Willow Creek Bridge near Madras, OR.

Hope this is of some help at least.

Best regards,
~Matt

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  BNSF KI6WDX 06-13-2020 - 16:51
  Re: BNSF BLEX 06-13-2020 - 20:13
  Re: BNSF Pdxrailtransit 06-13-2020 - 20:26
  Re: BNSF Gateway Sub Online Traffic Matt C. Batryn-Rodriguez 06-13-2020 - 22:21
  Re: BNSF Gateway Sub Online Traffic BN Oly 06-13-2020 - 23:11
  Re: BNSF Gateway Sub Online Traffic George Andrews 06-14-2020 - 12:47
  Re: BNSF Gateway Sub Online Traffic BOB R 06-14-2020 - 18:04

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com