Re: Narlon
Author: Matt C. Batryn-Rodriguez
Date: 07-01-2020 - 17:17

I was on the base touring some of the Orbital Sciences launch and integration facilities back in 2008, and much of the extensive trackage that connected to the UP main at Narlon was in the process of being removed (piles of ties, stacks of rail, freshly disturbed ROW). It may have been disconnected from the UP/SP main many years before.

You are completely correct on Surf and Honda. Surf is easily accessible to the public (one of few location on that stretch of coast line), while Honda had completely slipped my mind.

East Garison typically refers to the spur north of the Salinas River crossing, just north of McKay, where the "East Garison" of Camp Roberts has a pair of spurs. I'm not sure if it's really an official RR name for that location. I've never seen it on an employee timetable or other UP document.

South Vandenberg (had misspelled it in my previous post) is an official designation, for UP at least, at MP 305.8. It is just south of Honda, and near SLC-6, currently used for west coast Delta-IV launches. It had several spur tracks, one connection to the UP main. I've only ever seen it used for MOW car storage.

Best regards,
~Matt

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Narlon peot 07-01-2020 - 09:49
  Re: Narlon Matt C. Batryn-Rodriguez 07-01-2020 - 15:34
  Re: Narlon Dr Zarkoff 07-01-2020 - 15:50
  Re: Narlon Matt C. Batryn-Rodriguez 07-01-2020 - 17:17
  Re: Narlon Dr Zarkoff 07-02-2020 - 09:57
  Re: Narlon Nudge 07-02-2020 - 16:07
  Launch holds Starlate refugee 07-02-2020 - 16:43

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com