Re: Public "Convenience and Necessity" - Why We Need Amtrak
Author: That Bus Guy
Date: 09-11-2020 - 20:09

Roosevelt Sims Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> TRANSLATION: "A lot of the people who ride
> long-distance coach on Amtrak are low-life
> Greyhound "bus trash", and since Greyhound has
> made severe cutbacks, Amtrak has to fill the void.
> The taxpayers need to subsidize a conveyance that
> can be used by toothless meth-heads, the mentally
> ill, people who have had their drivers licenses
> revoked because of too many DUIs, newly-released
> prisoners, fugitives from justice and the
> homeless.
>
How often do YOU ride Greyhound?

My father, mother, brother, girlfriend along with some of my co-workers and professional colleagues all have used Greyhound. None of them, nor I, fit in any of the categories you listed.

As for myself, I've been a Greyhound patron nearly all of my life, including one trip made as recently as last year. During my college years, I made two cross-country bus trips on Greyhound.

Yes, I prefer traveling by train, but many times that was not possible, either financially (during my younger years) or logistically.

There are low-lifes on all modes of travel, including and especially in automobiles and airplanes. Nearly all Greyhound patrons who either rode on buses with me or waited in stations in which I waited were just trying to get from one place to another. They never bothered anyone else.

However, thank you for the punch in the face. It's always fun to be insulted and stereotyped by classist and thoughtless idiots like you.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Public "Convenience and Necessity" - Why We Need Amtrak Roosevelt Sims 09-10-2020 - 17:58
  Re: Public "Convenience and Necessity" - Why We Need Amtrak J. Pinkerton Snoopington 09-10-2020 - 19:11
  Re: Public "Convenience and Necessity" - Why We Need Amtrak Nipsey 09-11-2020 - 04:56
  Re: Public "Convenience and Necessity" - Why We Need Amtrak Alf Doten 09-11-2020 - 08:07
  Re: Public "Convenience and Necessity" - Why We Need Amtrak That Bus Guy 09-11-2020 - 20:09
  Re: Public "Convenience and Necessity" - Why We Need Amtrak Roosevelt Sims 09-11-2020 - 21:07
  Re: Public "Convenience and Necessity" - Why We Need Amtrak That Bus Guy 09-12-2020 - 15:14
  Re: Public "Convenience and Necessity" - Why We Need Amtrak Erik H. 09-12-2020 - 16:05
  Re: Public "Convenience and Necessity" - Why We Need Amtrak how would you know 09-12-2020 - 08:08

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com