> a bus station and, on her trip, she's surrounded
> by homeless and mentally ill people who are
> hallucinating and probably haven't bathed for
> days?
>
> [archive.thinkprogress.org]
> -for-dumping-homeless-patients-with-mental-illness
> es-onto-buses-271e5c518016/

The article describes the outcome of a specific bad decision by Nevada. It does not support your generalization about Greyhound patrons.

My mother never drove long distances, so she rode Greyhound when visiting me up through her 70s. I had no qualms about dropping her off at the bus station when she returned home.

I do not have any daughters, but on my 2019 Greyhound trips (as well as all previous trips), I saw other people's daughters who arrived at bus stations via public transportation or were dropped off by friends, boyfriends, husbands and parents.

Over the years, I've encountered a few problem riders on my Greyhound trips. However, over the years, I have also encountered problem riders on Amtrak and airplanes as well as plenty of problem automobile & SUV drivers. None of the conditions listed in your last sentence described Greyhound patrons on the buses I rode.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Public "Convenience and Necessity" - Why We Need Amtrak Roosevelt Sims 09-10-2020 - 17:58
  Re: Public "Convenience and Necessity" - Why We Need Amtrak J. Pinkerton Snoopington 09-10-2020 - 19:11
  Re: Public "Convenience and Necessity" - Why We Need Amtrak Nipsey 09-11-2020 - 04:56
  Re: Public "Convenience and Necessity" - Why We Need Amtrak Alf Doten 09-11-2020 - 08:07
  Re: Public "Convenience and Necessity" - Why We Need Amtrak That Bus Guy 09-11-2020 - 20:09
  Re: Public "Convenience and Necessity" - Why We Need Amtrak Roosevelt Sims 09-11-2020 - 21:07
  Re: Public "Convenience and Necessity" - Why We Need Amtrak That Bus Guy 09-12-2020 - 15:14
  Re: Public "Convenience and Necessity" - Why We Need Amtrak Erik H. 09-12-2020 - 16:05
  Re: Public "Convenience and Necessity" - Why We Need Amtrak how would you know 09-12-2020 - 08:08

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com