Re: Mt. Hood RR
Author: hollow tie
Date: 10-04-2020 - 20:15

Well I found this info on The Trainorders from June. I assume that is the case as it stands now, since we have heard no announcement of a sale yet.

[www.trainorders.com]

Date: 06/10/20 22:12
Re: Mount Hood (SDCX) 02 and 89
Author: JDLX

Yes and no. MHRR is still running, at least for now, though under the direction of a trustee as corporate parent Iowa Pacific is in bankruptcy. Iowa Pacific previously tendered the two locomotives and most of MH's passenger equipment as security for a loan, along with a lot of other equipment scattered across the IPH empire, IPH defaulted on the loan so the lender got the equipment, they promptly sold it to another party who listed the equipment on Ozark. MH replaced its lost locomotives with power leased from Western Rail, first a GP38 that got returned I believe for lack of extended range dynamic brakes and then I think a GP35 that just arrived in the last week or two. They continue hauling freight and may or may not resume passenger operations whenever the current virus situation allows, provided that nobody buys their passenger cars between now and then.

Jeff Moore
Elko, NV

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Quote ]
Date: 06/11/20 09:59
Re: Mount Hood (SDCX) 02 and 89
Author: ShortlinesUSA

Good summary, Jeff. The replacement unit for WRIX 3877 (former CBRL) is WRIX 2250, which is a GP38-3 rebuilt from a GP35. It wears the OmniTrax blue and gray paint scheme.

Mike Derrick

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Mt. Hood RR hollow tie 10-04-2020 - 20:01
  Re: Mt. Hood RR hollow tie 10-04-2020 - 20:15
  Re: Mt. Hood RR Eddie 10-05-2020 - 06:24
  Re: Mt. Hood RR Gothic Albany 10-05-2020 - 15:12
  Re: Mt. Hood RR Eddie 10-05-2020 - 15:18
  Re: Mt. Hood RR Arlen Sheldrake 10-05-2020 - 18:44
  Re: Mt. Hood RR Shortline Sammie 10-05-2020 - 21:46

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com