Re: Gsearch ["millennium tower" key system trains]
Author: WebDigger
Date: 10-08-2020 - 21:37

On 10-08-2020 - 19:23, Alf Doten Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just think.......BART is almost as old as the Key was when it was decided to get rid of it. The demise of the Key ended the fun going to the City. Now its just plain ugly.

Yeah, or amen.

I remember watching BART trains coming into and leaving Fremont during their pre-opening testing and thinking of them as being simply silver sausages.

I miss (the late) Bruce Brugmann's SF Bay Guardian -- [www.google.com]. Particularly I miss the photos of The City taken from Treasure Island, stacked four high on the page, showing how The City's skyline had changed from the 1950s(?) to the 1980s(?). BTW, and thanks to you, Alf, in doing some researching for this post, I've found there seems to be a currently-maintained SFBG website here -- [www.sfbg.com]. They have a back-issues archive that they say they're expanding.

Looking at Bruce's photos from TI, and remembering a time when the skyline had a few tall buildings and hills in the background, instead of a skyline that looks like an ant's version of a curb, with no hill in the background, I'm inclined to say that tall buildings aren't a city but are the life-support system for a city.

Ok, back to a better time --
• [www.youtube.com]
• [www.youtube.com]
• [www.youtube.com]
• [www.youtube.com]
• [www.youtube.com]

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Sinking Millennium Tower Pile Retrofit to Start Next Month in San Francisco WebDigger 10-07-2020 - 22:19
  Re: Sinking Millennium Tower Pile Retrofit to Start Next Month in San Francisco Mr. Bigglesworth 10-08-2020 - 12:13
  Re: Sinking Millennium Tower Pile Retrofit to Start Next Month in San Francisco synonymouse 10-08-2020 - 12:26
  Re: Sinking Millennium Tower Pile Retrofit to Start Next Month in San Francisco Joe Magruder 10-08-2020 - 14:10
  Gsearch ["millennium tower" key system trains] WebDigger 10-08-2020 - 15:53
  Re: Gsearch ["millennium tower" key system trains] Alf Doten 10-08-2020 - 19:23
  Re: Gsearch ["millennium tower" key system trains] WebDigger 10-08-2020 - 21:37
  What does this have to do with RRs? I'll tell u Harry Jernigan, Chief Sec.Officer 10-08-2020 - 21:22
  Re: What does this have to do with RRs? I'll tell u Coleman Randall III 10-09-2020 - 08:15
  What is a foaming fool? I'll tell u Monkey On Museum Back 10-09-2020 - 18:45
  Re: What does this have to do with RRs? I'll tell u 25thed Joe 10-09-2020 - 18:56
  Re: What does this have to do with RRs? I'll tell u Think again 10-10-2020 - 03:42

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com