CCT Polk Industrial Lead
Author: Bill
Date: 01-05-2009 - 12:42

"Only a model railroader" would build an industrial / warehouse line with EOTs at both ends.
Maybe a bookshelf railroad?

Kidding aside, it appears to be a very productive warehouse line Southeast of Sacramento, Connecting to the UP at the West end (MP 44.60) / Power Line Road and running East along 21st. Avenue. GOOGLE shows great aerial photos; count the cars.

Does CCT leave power hidden behind some warehouse and drive to work, or does the crew bring power from SHOPS via our favorite junction?

Does UP deliver and pickup cars at the junction, or does CCT transfer them from and to Stockton?

Does UP also work this spur? Temporal separation?

The milepost ascension from East to West indicates that this may have been CCT country from the now OOS / removed(?) main North of MP 14.4.

(Some years ago, Eastern friends with remarkable institutional memories showed me CCT's West to South 90 degree turn in Sacramento, just before track removal. A real low-speed squealer)

==========================================================================================

For the Port trackage, a new-hire would learn a lot on several very quiet Sunday mornings, on a balloon-tired bike.

Embed every switch number, warehouse name, and street name in the cerebrum.
Not for the faint of heart.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  CCT Polk Industrial Lead Bill 01-05-2009 - 12:42
  Re: CCT Polk Industrial Lead jdm 01-05-2009 - 17:49
  My thanks to JDM . 01-05-2009 - 21:26
  Re: My thanks to JDM JDM 01-05-2009 - 21:53
  Re: My thanks to JDM Ben Dover 01-05-2009 - 22:54

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com