Re: End of Service for Santa Fe?
Author: Floyd Smoot
Date: 01-07-2009 - 00:40

I'm too chintzy to subscribe to Trainorders.com, but I do occasionally "lurk." A question was recently asked (reproduced below) and was subsequently answered with inaccurate information.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: January 6, 2009 19:53
End of Service for Santa Fe?
Author: drgwAZ1986

When were passenger trains discontinued to/from Santa Fe during the AT&SF days... just a weird question I would like to have answered...
Also... does anyone know what major shippers were located on the Santa Fe branch? Hard to believe it survived so long on shipping beer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm not sure when the mixed train service was discontinued, but it WAS running as late as 1956.

On page 1000 of my July 1956 OFFICIAL GUIDE, Mixed trains # 93-94 are shown linking Lamy and Santa Fe. #93 departed Lamy at 0610 and arrived at Santa Fe exactly one hour later. #94 departed Santa Fe at 1030 and arrived Lamy one hour later. The service ran daily and was in addition to EIGHT bus trips each way daily between the two cities.

In case you were wondering . . .

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Re: End of Service for Santa Fe? Floyd Smoot 01-07-2009 - 00:40
  Re: End of Service for Santa Fe? synonymouse 01-07-2009 - 19:20

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com